Got no "problems"...yet a lot to discuss :)

Dr ZEE

Anti-Pro Circles Insider
This is no serious topic, but I just wanted to express this, as something really caught my eye as I was looking at This Forum description (subtitle). :)
I've got NO problems pertaining to recording on analog recording mediums, yet there are many other aspects of analog recording to discuss (other than problems that is).
If I happen to have problems from time to time, then they are mostly related to an alternative format and recording mediums.
I'm trying to be politically correct by not naming the format directly: Alternative format sounds like a good term for... - you know what I'm talking about ;)

/respects

Seeker of Rock said:
Perhaps a PC neutral term would be the "D" word. :D
huh! "d"-word! ... :D Yeah.
..anyhow..
The "mystery" for me is: "Why analog forum is in the trash-can section?" :rolleyes:
Hey!:
NO JUSTICE - NO PEACE!
NO JUSTICE - NO PEACE!
NO JUSTICE - NO PEACE!
...how would you like that? :p

/respects

Most problems in the "Realm of D" are caused by the same ignorance and lack of good front end gear that would hamper any recording.

Doesn't help that the "D"evices are dirt cheap, often made with crappy components, and marketed as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The medium itself, though, has a lot of potential. I've made some decent recordings with decent "D"evices. I've made some crappy ones, too. In general, I find the more I treat my "D"evices like tape decks the better results I get.

And now for my joke of the evening:

What did the Pro Tools engineer say to the young indie rock guitar player after his first take?

"That sucked!! Come on in."

-C

Chris Shaeffer said:
And now for my joke of the evening:

What did the Pro Tools engineer say to the young indie rock guitar player after his first take?
"That sucked!! Come on in."

-C
huh! good one. :D
Now here where the real 'problem' is:
The young indie rock guitar player comes in, makes his take, listens to playback, and sais: "Oh no! I sucked at this one. Can I replay?"
And What did the Pro Tools engineer reply?

-No needs to replay. I'll take care of it.
:D

Back