Got my Tascam 48/pinch roller advice

EDAN

Hey guys,

Picked up my Tascam 48 yesterday. The one I got on ebay "as is" for $150.00. It powers up and all but one of the meter lights work. So far so good but the pinch roller is all gooey so I can't test her out yet.

Although I see a few pinch rollers for sale on ebay stating they will fit the Tascam 48, they don't look the same as the one on mine. Do you guys know what ones are interchangable for different machines or where I can get a new or used one for the 48? Anyone have one?

What about gettting it recovered?

Check out this guy http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/

Look forward to your replies!

If it were me, I'd call TASCAM's parts department first to see if they still have any stock and if they did, I'd buy that, knowing that it will work 100% with no guessing or gambling.

As a second resort, I'd call around to the local repair shops in my area to see if they had stock. Many larger, busier repair places actually kept parts like this on hand and might still have a brand new original one.

ebay might be my third choice as like you said, the sellers are often selling questionable goods.

My final resort would be to contact Terry to get your resurfaced...I've heard good things about his work.

As for substituting rollers from other machines, I'm not sure?

Cheers! :)

It's part number 5800291500

Same for the 38 and TSR-8. Usually TASCAM parts sells them for less than I see them on eBay.

Tim
:)

Alternatively, you can order from here:

http://www.openreel.net/parts_3.html

I've ordered from this place and I can tell you that I have nothing but praise for their customer service. I had my order sent in 3 business days with online ordering and tracking sent to me via email. Their packing was first rate as well. You can clearly see the care and respect they put into it.

Problem with dealing with TASCAM in Montabello, CA, is that you have to be in the USA to place the order directly or have a good friend there to do it for you. ;) Another issue is that you need to call them. I prefer doing it online (and directly) and the service you get from openreel.net is second to none. Their prices are also similar to TASCAM USA.

Only $24 for a brand new TASCAM 48 pinch roller plus a couple of bucks for express shipping.

....Just an alternative worth knowing about. :)

Beck said:
It's part number 5800291500

Same for the 38 and TSR-8. Usually TASCAM parts sells them for less than I see them on eBay.

Tim
:)

They are not the same pinch rollers. I own the TSR as well and they are very different. The 48 pinch roller is deeper in depth and the center mounting hole is smaller. I took pics of it but can't figure out how to upload them in a post.

Back