Ghost-need Immediate Feedback

RICK FITZPATRICK

Hello guys, got a chance to bid on a TASCAM 3700 with NO power supply. Any thoughts? Can one be built? And how much do you think it would cost to build one if you could find someone to do it? I doubt if I could find one ANYWHERE???? I want one of these, but not if its going to sit unused for lack of a power supply. Thanks guys.
fitZ

I just pulled open one of the 3700 power supplies here. Lots of stuff in there. There are approximately 20 pages in the 3700 schematics dedicated to JUST the power supply.

Call Jimmy at Montebello and ask him what he thinks.

How the heck do you lose a 40 pound power supply? :confused: :mad:

Rick, trying to build your own PS3700 will be a project and a half for sure so think long and hard about the time and expense truly needed to build a DIY version that will work as well in terms of stability and protection to the mixer.

Keep looking. :cool:

Cheers! :)

Hey guys, thanks a mill. Actually, I thought real hard and VOILA!! COMMON SENSE overcame my judgement :D I passed. WHEW!! :rolleyes: It probably would have sat here doing nothing forever. So...thanks again. Oh btw, it was $1k, which would have been a sweet deal if it had the PS. But he didn't even mention it in the ebay description, the prick. I just happened to see an email someone sent him and asked. Boy would I have been pissed if I won and it ended up not having the PS. In fact, I probably would have torn him a new...well you know. Damn it that stuff pisses me off. Anyway, thanks again guys. Just got to wait for another. Later.
fitZ :)

Back