Getting rid of unwanted noise (noise gate?)

big0ngibs

Ok so I just finished recording a six song demo with my 424 MkIII four track. Everything sounded great till we got to the last song, which had a noticable difference in unwanted noise. It's weird because while we were tracking, I noticed something was up in my headphones but I just thought it had something to do with the headphone amplifier.. But regardless we're stuck with this noise and I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of it? Maybe using a noise gate?? or a 32 band equalizer?? If you're wondering how bad the noise is, it's not horrible but noticable.. .About the equivalent of recording without DBX (although we recorded with DBX). So obviously we don't want to sacrafice the tone of the tape because besides a little buzz it sounds great. But is there a way to target the frequency with a 32 band equalizer and get rid of that frequency???

I would stick with the noise. All noise reduction/equalisation alters the true sound of things. Listen to a lot of the White Stripes stuff, noise all over the place, but what a sound!

yes true... but i'd really like the song to be consistant with the other tracks we recorded.. its an obvious difference. Could a noise filter help with this?

Back