FS: Fostex A2, Fostex A4, Fostex Footswitch, MORE!!

PHILANDDON

Hi,

I wanna unload some gear.....you guessed it............to buy other gear.

I bought this Fostex A2 and A4 on ebay. I've used the A2 and made some really nice recordings. It supposedly came calibrated/set up/ and in excellent condition. But I have no way of knowing. So it's being sold as is (though it works...i.e. records, plays back, etc.) As for the A4 it appears to be in even better shape than the A2. The ebay seller told me it was in near pristine condition and it really appears that that is the case. But I've never had a chance to use it, so it too is being sold as is. Same for the Fostex footswitch. I also have some new (i.e. unopened!!) and used reels of 457 tape. I don't have the original reels for the recorders, but I've got the plastic ones that work just fine.

$700 or best offer. Thanks!!

P.S. I've sold things before on this board and on gearslutz with happy results. I've never sold on ebay 'cause I don't know how. Keep meaning to learn. Please email me at: nlfnlf@aol.com if interested. Thanks.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me it's not true!

So,... eh,... what's the scoop? Are you dumping your little gear for bigger beefier gear, or are you dumping out of analog altogether?? :eek: ;)

PS: I like the A4, but unfortunately I'm on a zero-gear tolerance right now due to finances. The A4 would look really good next to my other dozen Fostexes, though! It's one model I've sought but haven't scored yet.:eek: ;)

Maybe you should spend 10 minutes & test the A4, which would boost the sale prospect and confidence of buyers. It looks in like-new condition! ;)

Okay Dave,

I'll give the A4 a run-through.

Yes Dave, giving up on analog (at least for the time being). I've found that for my purposes (old-time country, bluegrass, folk) tracking straight to digital through tube gear and with ribbon mics is sufficient. But I definitely love some of the stuff I did on my Fostex A2 so perhaps this will be yet another sale tinged with regret :(

Back