Fostex and mtc-1?

Herm

I was wondering if anyone has ever played with a mtc-1 fostex unit for the R8 recorder? My buddie has one he wants to get rid of but he has never used it at all. I was just thinking it would be fun to try and lock the fostex up with the computer but Im not sure if this is the correct unit to do that or what. Anyone?

Herm said:
I was wondering if anyone has ever played with a mtc-1 fostex unit for the R8 recorder? My buddie has one he wants to get rid of but he has never used it at all. I was just thinking it would be fun to try and lock the fostex up with the computer but Im not sure if this is the correct unit to do that or what. Anyone?

I think it can. There are CAL scripts for SONAR / Cakewalk Pro that allow it to control the R8 and make it rewind etc. You can lock R8s together (or to external sources) with the MTC-1. I have not tried this though, since I don't have either.

Remember that this will require track 8 for the timecode, and because the R8 is very narrowband you will have problems using track 7 as well (although it may work for vocals).
The usual technique though, is to lock the sequencer to the tape deck (any old timecode unit will do this)

Back