Fostex Model 80

ianscanlon

Hi, i've seen a fostex model 80 for sale at a decent price (the equivalent of about $150).. but I know nowt! Is this a good machine, i can't find much on the net about them, couple of photo's and stuff, but someone, on the electrical studios forum, said they only had RCA inputs? Is this the case, anyone familiar with them? I'm upgrading from a cassette four track and using garageband on my ibook (i've recorded some decentish sounding stuff using both!).. I like the idea of analogue 8 track for the simpler stuff I do. Thanks in advance I've been browsing this forum for a little while and thought you might be able to help ta ian.

ianscanlon said:
Hi, i've seen a fostex model 80 for sale at a decent price (the equivalent of about $150).. but I know nowt! Is this a good machine, i can't find much on the net about them, couple of photo's and stuff, but someone, on the electrical studios forum, said they only had RCA inputs? Is this the case, anyone familiar with them? I'm upgrading from a cassette four track and using garageband on my ibook (i've recorded some decentish sounding stuff using both!).. I like the idea of analogue 8 track for the simpler stuff I do. Thanks in advance I've been browsing this forum for a little while and thought you might be able to help ta ian.
I have one sitting in my garage.

It is true, it only has RCA inputs/outputs. It was designed to integrate with a fostex 8-channel board, which also had RCA inserts.

It is actually a good sounding machine, especially for a 1/4". I have been meaning to dig mine out and play with it a bit :)

Back