Fostex M-80(no playback)

hebjam

Hi!
I just got one and while it moniters fine, when i go to play what i recorded,
i get no sound. I do hear the hiss and pressing dolby lessens the hiss so ,something is getting through...

I'm using Basf Emtec 468 tape....

Jamie

Let's take it step by step: 1) "arm" the track by pressing the track number. The track number lights up red (and you already got that). 2) Press rec key once to get a signal into the meters (You'll rarely need the "input mon" button). 3) Adjust levels (Sorry for including this obvious step.) 4) Now to start the recording press rec and *while holding rec down* press play. The light next to rec should now be red. This means it's recording. If the meters respond to your signal it's not enough; you have to see that red light indicator on. If it's not lit or green, then you're not recording! After recording 5) During playback you should see the meters indicating a recorded signal (bouncing up and down) so the recording is there and not just hiss. Now, you have to get the sound out of there. 6) Check wires (wiring)? 7) Make sure your desk is also receiving the signal OK (some meter activity there?). If so, cool! Hope this helps! :) :cool:

Back