FOH mixer

khachai44

Is there a way to have one computer running the audio out of multiple programs into a FOH mixer? For example, using audio from ProPresenter independent from audio in iTunes/Spotify? Trying to eliminate loa array having a separate computer to do both but want to the flexibility of fading in/out on the board. Thanks in advance!
EDIT: I have a MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid interface and we use an X-32 as our FOH board. The X-32 also has the USB and Firewire card to hook up to a computer.

I had to look up "ProPresenter" on Google and have to say I was shocked at the cost.

It would in theory be possible to have two programmes open on a computer at the same time provided you can stick to system sound cards/drivers like MME on Windows or making a composite device using Core Audio on Mac. However, that would be sending both programmes into your mixer via the same input so cross fades on the mixer would be an issue.

If it was me, I'd be looking at changing software to one system that can do all you want. For theatre playback I use something called Show Cue System. This lets me programme in audio (Wave or MP3) and video from the single programme. It can either send MIDI cues to control lighting or receive MIDI cues to play the next audio/video cue. You can either set up a running order complete with crossfades, level changes etc. or put cues you use lot on individual hot keys. There are various versions but I think one that could do everything you need would still be considerably cheaper than ProPresenter.

Back