Five months off means...

Superreverb

Transfer work!!!! I recently had a guy contact me about transferring 65 (yes - 65) multi-track tapes that were recorded on an old Sansui MR-6 (remember those?). Found a really, really nice Sansui WX-S1 to get the job done!! Tapes should be here in a couple of days. I'm excited!

The deck:

IMG_0171.jpg

My humble transfer set-up. The rack, and the DTRS/ADAT stuff aren't in the picture:

IMG_0170.jpg

It pays to keep these old analog machines up and running! And it's fun, too!

Wow cool! Haven’t seen one of those in awhile!

For those that don’t know, the Sansui WS-X1 is a cool anomaly in the analog multitrack world...a 6-track cassette-based all-in-one “portastudio”, but truly all-in-one because it also includes an integrated cassette master recorder!

Thanks for sharing, Superreverb! Good luck with the project.

I see a Tascam 246, 38 and a pair of DX-4Ds in your pic. Nice!

[EDIT]

Hmm...and that’s a nice looking dobro peeking out there in the pic too...:eek:

Transfer work!!!! I recently had a guy contact me about transferring 65 (yes - 65) multi-track tapes that were recorded on an old Sansui MR-6 (remember those?). Found a really, really nice Sansui WX-S1 to get the job done!! Tapes should be here in a couple of days. I'm excited!

The deck:

IMG_0171.jpg

My humble transfer set-up. The rack, and the DTRS/ADAT stuff aren't in the picture:

IMG_0170.jpg

I actually may still have one i got in '89 or '90 maybe. If interested, let me know.

The deck:

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Hey, Sweetbeats. Yup - the 38 and the 246! A few years ago I did a transfer for a member of this forum who was looking for a 246. I'm the second owner of this one - bought it used in '89. Change out the rubber every ten years and it still runs like a top. Very versatile machine with the switchable speeds and in-out Dbx!

As for the Dobratz: '91 OMI Dobro Hound Dog round neck with a nut extension for the Stevens Bar. Shure SM-98 as a clip-on mic for gigs into a Rane MAP-33. Needs new bridge saddles, but sound pretty darn good!

IMG_0172.jpg

Back