Feedback from my LCD to my Tascam M-312!? help - long story.

easyeric

hey good peoples. i'm having a strange problem with my studio setup. at the moment i run everyone thru my tascam m-312, including computer audio. i've never had any problems in the past, but alas i just integrated a new LCD monitor into my computer setup. with my computer on, running audio through my Firewire Sound Interface into the M-312...i get this craaazy feedback. all types of hiss and noise and occasional pops. after hours of troubleshooting...its definitely the monitor/mixer relationship...i think. if i turn my computer on with the monitor disconnected i don't get the feedback. if i use another computer (old imac) i don't get the feedback. if i turn the mixer off and listen directly thru the FW interface with the monitor connected, no feedback. do LCD's cause some sorta bizaare analog feedback?! could this possibly be a cable issue (just using a generic DVI cable from monitor-computer) btw, vga cable has same problem. hopefully you studio gurus out there can lend a hand. much love in advance...

LCD monitors generally use a winding florescent tube to back light the display and florescent lighting has always been a noise demon to most audio setups.

It's possible that the back light in your particular monitor has some sort of filtering or grounding issue. Perhaps a bad balast?

Do you have a different LCD monitor to try as a test?

There are also AC line sniffer devices that can read the noise levels in your AC lines that might shed some light on the noise leakage issues with that particular monitor.

Good luck.

Cheers! :)

Back