eq

Don't get me wrong. I am not really trying to say something against "good eq". Just trying to sort of inject some "food for thoughts"... I can see how this all may sound like confusing abstract B.S.
You've got a 'situation' you have to deal with. O.K. It may look like or maybe actually is the situation when you've drained all your options and can't get the desired result. I don't know. It's tough.
You say you need luck. Right. What I know is that you'll need luck all the time regardless of available options. So as we speak you have a 'problem', you've got some diamonds in the pocked, you need luck and you want(need?) another option in your rack. So if you spend all your diamonds you may end up in the situation where you still have problems, still need luck but no diamonds in the pocked :D .... however you have another option in your rack.
See where I'm leading to ???? heh heh .... so it's pretty simple, when you shake off all the emotions.
Now that "extra option in your rack" is the subject here. You may want to try to be as reasonable about it as possible. What I basically was trying to say here is: it may be hard to be 'reasonable' in the environment where you are being driven by a passionate desire for the result and the same time being under unquestionable and unchallengeable due to its "statue nature" influences "flying over your head".
I probably do not make much practical sense... :o

/respects

you know, I was JUST THINKING "I wonder if any commercial releases have been done on an allen and heath?"

anywayz, I bought that Amek Angela. At least I KNOW commercial releases have been done with that board, and I happen to own a few and love them. (have you guys heard Black Eyes????)

I'll let you know about the Angela when it comes if anyone's interested.

yeah that is a nice unit.

I made the decision after listening to a good amount of the material I have produced in the last couple years; I decided the MG isn't doing what I want it to, and that ITB mixing isn't for me either. so thats just how it went.

Last edited:
The Tascam PE-40 is a 4-band/4-channel, fully parametric EQ, (2U rackmount).

You'd need 4 of 'em to support a 16-track recorder. ;)

A Reel Person said:
You'd need 4 of 'em to support a 16-track recorder. ;)
To support the recorder - yes.
To support the recording of four dudes banging, swinging and screaming when couple of them do not seem to want to fit in the mix - one may be just what you need. :D :D :D

/respects

Dr ZEE said:
To support the recorder - yes.
To support the recording of four dudes banging, swinging and screaming when couple of them do not seem to want to fit in the mix - one may be just what you need. :D :D :D

/respects

yeah; it could work. and maybe I could figure out how to adjust the repro eq on my deck to compensate for the tweaked out upper mids on the MG. or maybe that's a dumb idea. bah; no headroom either. hit any of the sections a little too hard and the distortion is really not good.

and I am doing a lot of reading and once again my ears are opening up and hearing new things. and I am starting to hear the board and what it does but like I said only starting to hear it. now I wish I knew what board every song I hear was done with. Eventually, I will....just need more self-training that takes forever....

Back