connecting fostex e16 to soundcraft mixer?

raary

I've recently purchased a fostex e16 and a soundcraft 200 series mixer.
I intend to record a band but I'm not sure where to start, I've recorded in analogue studios a few times in the past but have never set up the equipment from scratch. I've got 30 leads ready to connect the e16 to the mixer through the inputs and outputs but I'm not sure if the soundcraft has the necessary ins and outs I need. I may need to record up to 10 tracks simultaniously, doesn't anyone know if a soundcraft 200 16-track mixer is capable of this?

Sorry to be a pain, I've searched the internet and cant find the information I need, any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Raary :confused: x

u have two options since I dont know how many channels your mixer is. if you have 32 channels, you can send the direct out of channel 1 on the soundcraft into the input on channel 1 of the fostex. then the output on channel 1 on the fostex goes to the line input of channel 17 on the soundcraft.

option two is to use an insert cable (y cable plugged into the channel's insert on the soundcraft). one end goes into the fostex input, the other end into the output. (usually red is the send).

Back