Celestion Speakers Not Working HELP

pianomanben

Good evening,

I acquired two Celestion QX-151X for very cheap money today and I came across a rather large problem.

I individually plugged each cab into my system and I got nothing out of either speaker. I bought the speakers very cheap because the owner had no clue what condition the speakers were in, so if I can't get them to work, no biggie.

For power I was using 800w from one side of a Behringer Europower PMP-6000 mixer, so it should be well more than enough to get something from the speaker.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what I should do to get these speakers working again?

All input is appreciated (no pun intended)

Benimage1 (1).JPGimage3 (1).JPG

A good old trick is to connect a 9 volt battery across the speaker terminals briefly and watch to see if the speaker moves. If it does then the voice coils should be in tact and the problem probably lies elsewhere, which means there's hope! If the speaker doesn't move then its highly likely your voice coils are fused and it's probably game over!

As they look like subs with a built in crossover, are you feeding the signal into the hp feed or the input? I think this is wired so that you put the signal into the input and take the output from the hp feed to the mid/high speaker cabs?

Alan.

Back