Can someone tell me why this thing is 6 grand?!!

At a guess, I'd say the two zero-feedback bidders are either shills, taking the mick, or have lost their grip on reality.

wow...has the dollar really dropped that much since bush has been in office?

ThetaAlpha970 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VGC-AIWA-3-HEAD...700199726QQcategoryZ15000QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

page 13 subsection a4 of the TP-1011 manual reads:

"...when connected to your balls, it produces a stimulating effect similar to intercourse."

Which is why it's important to always read the manual. :D

If this unit is worth $6K then it's because someone robbed a bank and stuffed the case full of $$$$. I think Falkin is right. The guy will continue to own this machine for a long time.

It seems obvious to me that the seller is bidding up their own listing. they should be thrown in jail.

what's funny is that they have no effing clue what they've got.

when the auction ends they are not going to pay themselves that money; they will be their own "deadbeat bidder" in order to avoid the ebay fees.

I think they should have to pay them.

The bidders' in question location is Japan. Now, I've heard them folks is nuts but this is ridiculous! :eek: :D :D

holy crap the ending fee is going to be a couple hundred bucks! He'll proabibily end it early. It'd be funny if one of us bid on it so he thought it was going to sell, then not pay of course, so he'd have to lose BIG CASH! :D

They only made 55 f these units back in 1975. They discontinued them due to a mishap at the factory where they realised they were using certain studer amp components in the manufacturing meaning that they were selling these units for WAAAAY less than they cost to make. An accounting problem that made for some very happy customers when they found out what they had.

Good story?

smuffjules said:
They only made 55 f these units back in 1975. They discontinued them due to a mishap at the factory where they realised they were using certain studer amp components in the manufacturing meaning that they were selling these units for WAAAAY less than they cost to make. An accounting problem that made for some very happy customers when they found out what they had.

Good story?

Sounds like either a REALLY legit-sounding excuse for the high price, or a true story. what is it?

-callie-

smuffjules said:

Good story?

An interesting story to be sure but whether true or not, one can get a legit (and nicer) Studer for much less. Still, I have a hard time believing the auction or more specifically the bidders are legit.

Apparently there's some kind of Japanese gold hidden inside one of these things. Possibly even the seller didn't know about. :D

...It is 6 grand because, in the immortal words of P.T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute."

...and with that said, I scored a Studer 807 Mark II High Speed model (1/4-inch) with Dolby HX and timecode for $2,700 from Ebay in absolutely mint condition...and I just saw another Studer (without 30 I.P.S. or TC) being offered for $400 more than mine...the game continues.

Best,
CC.

Cosmic said:

...and with that said, I scored a Studer 807 Mark II High Speed model (1/4-inch) with Dolby HX and timecode for $2,700 from Ebay in absolutely mint condition......the game continues..

people score different things. some people score things like THIS from time to time... yet, they still may miss something 'little' to please their soul ... I mean, imagine 24/7 of under-pressure condition imposed on you by the fact of being on the "mission of "contributing to society with the world's highest technology." ... your soul may really start crying out for God knows what ... :D :D :D

cjacek said:
An interesting story to be sure but whether true or not, one can get a legit (and nicer) Studer for much less. Still, I have a hard time believing the auction or more specifically the bidders are legit.

Sorry guys, I just made up what sounded like a legit story, but it's the only legit way I could think of that it could be six grand, so t could be true.

Back