Brian Eno on Analog vs. Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see that we're still talking about Eno's comments on Analog vs. Digital. Instead, we have to put up with this political shit....

citizenkeith said:
It's nice to see that we're still talking about Eno's comments on Analog vs. Digital. Instead, we have to put up with this political shit....
again... it's not about politics. It's about the fact that if it's Eno's fart it still will be published.
One may say: "I don't give a sh*t about "manifestos" ... I just enjoy the music".
That's fine. Cool.
Then one may say: "I don't give a sh*t about the fact that it's Eno's! quote. Nor I give a fart about what his music is/was like. I just actually read what's on the paper."
see what I mean.?
That Eno's quote about digital vs. analog is nothing more than another sentimental ramble. Comparing sound-art with visual-art? Ahhhh! So sexy! So unique.!
Big f*ng deal.
Nothing sexy, nothing unique there... This has been done many many times.

/respects

Hey, I don't mind that you linked to the article. reel buzzer just spouted out some insults and generalizations, then didn't follow up his arguements with facts.

Then one may say: I don't give a sh*t about the fact that it's Eno's! quote. Nor I give a fart about what his music is/was like. I just actually read what's on the paper.

Then why even respond to this post? If you don't give a shit about the quote, then why even fucking bother? C'mon, some of us actually LIKE Eno and even some of his writing or statements. If you don't care, why fuck up a thread with this shit?

As I stated above, I respect your opinion. I was just hoping that the thread would actually generate some discussion about the concepts in the quote. If "this has been done many many times" then why not just get out of the way and let us (who haven't been lucky enough to take part in that discussion "many times" before) get on with it?

Ok, I get it, you think Eno is a wanker. You think he has lots of "nice sounding" ideas, but there isn't substance behind it. I think that sums it up. Let's move on.

citizenkeith said:
Then why even respond to this post? If you don't give a shit about the quote, then why even fucking bother? .
You've posted a quote. - I've responed to the quote.
You also posted a comment with the quote: "...pure Eno. His music is very visual"
I've responded to the comment as well.
MadAudio posted a comment: "Of course that makes sense! And after all, he is the father of ambient."
I've responded to the comment...
etc.
citizenkeith, that's the way it goes. Sorry that it didn't generate something what you expected :( . But that's the way it goes.
I am not sure what gets you to become so emotional about this. But what ever it is - it's not my problem, man.
You post something - people are going to post something in reply. Expect no more no less.
citizenkeith said:
If you don't care, why fuck up a thread with this shit?.
Ah, crap! OK, no problem. Sorry for this. I gotta get outa' here.
Go on - get on with it - discuss the "concept".
You may want to start with stating (or explaining) what the f*ng "concept" is in the quote, and thus Helping out some of "us" here who are not up to the task - "visualising" the concept in all its shiny brilliance that is.
and, so: "What "sonic range and depth" exactly are? And if you can define them, then how specifically possibilities of one, the other or both are being sacrificed when recording digitally."
citizenkeith, any thoughts on this one? Or is it too low to ask. Or is too dumb? Or do we have to discuss it ONLY on somewhat "higher level of consciousness", or maybe even above it!???? If so, then You'll have to write a "Manifesto of How Eno's quotes and concepts shall and shall not be discussed".
whatever

/later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back