Behringer X1222usb troubles

mnelsonswe

I just bought a behringer x1222usb mixing board and im trying to send the sound output through the 2-track/usb rca output connectors instead of xlr. I get very small amounts of sound that is nearly inaudible, even though everything is full blast, the mixer is receiving good signal from the computer from usb audio, because on the xlr cables, i hear audio just fine. I cant use xlr as my speaker cables to the monitors because i only have enough for my mic and thats it. It's really annoying. The rca cable is plugged in from the mixer rca output to the monitors directly. How do I get the mixer to send the audio output through the rca connection?

What are the monitors? Specifically, are they active ones with a built-in amplifier?
If not, that could be your problem.

If they are powered, it's worth bearing in mind that XLR is generally +4 dB, while RCA is -10, which means that you'd get a much lower signal level via RCA. Usually the monitor amp (or whatever you're plugging the RCA/XLR cable into) compensates for this, or has a switch to set the input level at -10 or +4.

They're Sterling MX5's and yes they are active. The difference between the xlr connection and the rca connection isnt a 10to 15db difference, its a loud on xlr, to full blast on the board and source putting my ear up to the monitor and can barely hear a very small sound. Im sure its not a mixing board malfunction, cause why would one work when the other does not. All other board functions work well.

It doesn't have them. I have MON SEND and FX SEND, I plugged TRS cables into that, and no audio still. XLR works great. XLR cables out here are incredibly difficult to locate....

Hmm, it's not obvious to me what's going on here.
Have you tried sending a signal to the monitors via RCA, but from some other source, e.g. a test tone generator, line out from a computer, CD deck etc?
Have you tried recording the RCA output from the mixer into a computer and looking at the signal levels you get?

This is one of those times a short video would help me understand much better what you are working with and what is happening. Are you playing audio from the onboard computer using the USB interface and you can't get audio to pass at the RCA out jacks?

full blast on the board and source putting my ear up to the monitor and can barely hear a very small sound.

I am having a similar problem though for me I am using RCA out of the Behringer to RCA In on my amplifier... which should work fine, but does not! I ramp the sliders to max and turn up the amp, hear enormous amoutns of noise and VERY faint music.... this is obviously not as it should be, and isn't a problem with balanced vs unbalanced gear. Any ideas what the problem is?

I am having a similar problem though for me I am using RCA out of the Behringer to RCA In on my amplifier... which should work fine, but does not! I ramp the sliders to max and turn up the amp, hear enormous amoutns of noise and VERY faint music.... this is obviously not as it should be, and isn't a problem with balanced vs unbalanced gear. Any ideas what the problem is?

i have exactly same issue like you but my device is qx1002usb , any solution ? RCA out should be same as main out , ye ?
ive just read online review on amazon , lot of people complaint about this problem....

Last edited:
Back