Is anyone needing 1/2" 456?

Try American Musical Supply.
I got 1 reel about 2 weeks ago.
Then I managed to buy their entire shipment last week,of 11 reels.So I'm all set.
Still just 39 bucks apiece.
Seems like they were about 35 apiece on my bulk purchase.
The price may go up now that I've let the cat outta the bag.
Just thought I'd let you guys know,as I've received some good free info here.

hah, looks like AMS sales dptmt was/is somewhat sleeppy :) ... I'm not sure, but looks like they are somewhat like $20 short or so ... Looks like out of stock for now. I requested e-mail notification.. see if there'll be a chance to get some cheap stuff ;) .. They may rise the price, that's for sure.
The other little issue thou... how old their stock of tape is/was. It may be no big deal... even if it's couple years old - still good NOS :p

thanks for heads up

Well,the first reel I got was made on the 122nd day of 2005.
The other 11 reels are still in transit.
And the email notification request is definitely the way to go.That's what I did.Better act quickly when you get the chance!!

That's where I was getting mine. I had no idea they were the cheapest or the only place to get it. And now there is none left?

Does anyone know of a source in the UK?

I was using River, but they're currently only selling 467 (..?) That said, they had actually removed their tape media section a few months ago, so I suppose it's an improvement, if not especially useful. Pity, since they were unbelieveably fast at delivery.

StudioSpares also sell 467, 5" 407 and.. something else.. on 1/2" 3600ft spools. I'm not sure but comparing the stock code against an old catalogue, I think the 'something else' is 407 as well.

The only place that sells it in Austin, TX is Pro-Tape.

They haven't had 1/2" since January.

However, since Quantegy opened, they have everything BUT 1/2". They've got 2", 1", and 1/4", but NO 1/2 INCH!!!!!

grr. Guess Ebay is my friend for now, til they fess up and get some in the shop.

Back