Anyone looking for a box of new Quantegy 456 tape ?

Beck said:
I would probably do one or two at a time. It takes more time, but you spread them around that way. I don't know though, with the way things are in the tape world it's a tough call.

Yeah, tough call but at the same time there are folks who don't wanna get a whole box and may wanna spend a bit more, on just one or two tapes, than to spend on a whole box of 10. At the same time, I'll give others a chance to get a tape, plus in the longer run, I might get a bit more than if I'd sell off the whole lot at once. Yeah, perhaps I'll do one/two at a time.

Thanks Tim,

Daniel

Yeah!!

The only reason I didn't buy the entire case, outright, is that in January I bought a huge load of 031 media and at least a hundred cassettes of various types. I found one vendor with about half-dozen types of Type II cassettes. Not to mention, just this week I Ebayed myself into 4 pancakes of 3M 986 - 1". I already stocked up on media, and broke the bank in the process. I anticipate March is the soonest opportunity I'll have to seek out 1/4" on 10.5" reels & 1/2" tape. Currently, I'm sitting on about 200 reels, and about that many cassettes.

...(now, if I could only produce something)... :eek:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. When I bought som 1/4" 456 tape lately (the 7" variant) I got nice high-tech PLASTIc molded cases. You just got paper cases. Haha, I'm more hitech than you! :D

Your box of quantegy 0.25 tape

Dear daniel,
yes I'm definately interested in your box of Ampex 0.25 inch tape.
2 Q's :- Where are you? and What country?
please e-mail me to discuss payment.

This is the first time I've used this forum so I hope you can access my personal e-mail.
If not please post a message indicating any communication problems
and I will re-visit the site to adjust any technical probs.

best wishes

Andy Blissett

luce 2856 said:
Dear daniel,
yes I'm definately interested in your box of Ampex 0.25 inch tape.
2 Q's :- Where are you? and What country?
please e-mail me to discuss payment.

This is the first time I've used this forum so I hope you can access my personal e-mail.
If not please post a message indicating any communication problems
and I will re-visit the site to adjust any technical probs.

best wishes

Andy Blissett

Hi Andy,

Just like my good friend Dave (ARP) said: I'm in British Columbia, Canada. ;)

I'll try emailing you.

UPDATE: I sent you an email. Please let me know if you have received it.

~Daniel

juicebiz said:
I'm interested in your tape: Price, Shipping, your location? I'm in Chino Hills California. Let me know

Shipping will be $30 USD (based on box of 10 tapes, 26 lbs + double boxing for extra protection) and price will be $35/tape so that's 350 USD (10 tapes) + $30 (shipping) = $380 USD total. Will be shipped from BC, Canada to California via Fedex Ground. Tracking number will be provided and proper insurance.

Let me know,

Daniel :)

A Reel Person said:
Everyone is looking for a new box of Quantegy 456 tape!! :eek: ;)

For some God-only-knows reason, I've had no serious offers and so decided to do the eBay thing. Perhaps I'll have better luck that way .. :)

Thanks,

Daniel

......."For some God-only-knows reason, I've had no serious offers and so decided to do the eBay thing. Perhaps I'll have better luck that way ".....

The pricing might be the problem. New Quantegy quarter inch 456 10" is approx 30.00 at places like Musician's Friend and most of the bigger retailers have plenty of new tape in stock. Lots of retailers are offering free shipping also. I'm not sure what Musician's Friend does for the shipping deal.

With Quantegy production having been in full swing at the factory during the bankruptcy thing, there was a fairly steady stream of tape going to the big retailers. Now that the sale of Quantegy is complete and tape production is going back to full time in three weeks, prices might even drop a bit more at the retail end.

Daniel,...

As you may know by intuition or from our other conversations,... I'm just spent-out on tape and gear lately, otherwise I'd hit'ya up on that.

In January, I bought roughly 100 reels of 1/4" tape on 7" reels, 4 pancakes of 1" 3M-996, and no less than 100 Type II cassettes,... actually more, but who can count that high anyway. :eek: & Probably more media that I've just forgotten.

In February, I bought a digital Fostex FD-4 with internal hard disc,... but don't worry, I'm solidly analog to stay. Consider it a "token" digital unit & a "what the heck" purchase.

... not to mention all the other things I've bought!! I scored some fabulous 12" Laserdiscs of things like Lennon, McCartney, The Who & David Bowie concerts. Lots of great stuff in my household,... you bet!! DVD's galore, too! All that great stuff! I bought it all!

... third thought, is that I'd literally not have any more space to stash even 10 more reels of tape, as we're now a family of 6 in a 1200sf, 3 bedroom/2 bath household. My inside closets are literally STUFFED with reel and cassette media of all sorts, and I'd not kid you about that.

My first and best thought is that the tape is best kept and used by yourself, in your home productions. Putting gear and tape to good use is where it's at.

Try not to think of it as dollars and cents. It's more than that, when you get down to it.;)

Thanks guys but that tape has been sold a while ago. :eek:

(Wouldn't you know it that the buyer didn't even praise my bullet-proof packing! :( )

~Daniel ;)

Back