Anybody in UK looking for analogue gear?

altruistica

Hi Guys,

I've just finished writing my first musical. I'm in the process of scoring the whole thing and have decided to rationalise my setup. On Monday I heard of the death of a friend's husband at just 56 years of age. I knew he'd been ill (I thought he just had a rash, turns out he had dermatomyositis......the chemo they prescribed finished him off) but it's crystallised in my mind just what I want to do in the future. I like recording, but it's always been a means to an end....and that end is to hear my compositions. The greatest buzz I get is when I'm by myself at the piano trying to write something new. I rarely sketch stuff down at the computer and the recorder. Coupled with this is the thought of suddenly popping my clogs and leaving my wife with the hassle of selling all this gear.........so it's going.

I amassed a 'double' setup of equipment that includes:

2 x TASCAM MSR16 DBX machines. Both machines have had the heads re-lapped and setup by myself using the correct MRL tape (which is new). All rubbers renewed.

2 x TASCAM MS-16 machines. One machine has done very few hours, the other machine average, but both have excellent heads with loads of life left in them. They both come with Dolby units. I have one original TASCAM roll-around-stand and one generic. I also have AQ-65 Autolocator and RC-65 Remote so you can have a machine room setup if you want. I also have one IF-1000 and cables so you could lock one machine to the other and have a 30 track, 1" setup. I don't want to sell these accessories until the MS-16 have been sold, but if the buyer of the machines does not want them, then I'll offer them up for sale here.

I also have two MIDIIZERS and cables. One is a US machine with new step-up transformer, the other a UK model that has a fault or two, but is mint. I'm pretty sure the UK one is fixable, but I haven't the time going forward to sort this out.

I've sold the desk (a very nice Allen & Heath GS3000 with meterbridge) the other day. I have some outboard that I also used including two Digitech Studio Quads, a Roland SRV3030 and Alesis Midiverb 4, all in excellent condition. I also have two Presonus ACP8 and two Presonus ACP88 that I had covering every channel of the 32 input desk.

I'm going to hang on to my TASCAM MX2424 machines as they aren't worth selling these days.

I also have stocks of new tape (both 1" and 1/2") but I'm going to offer these to the buyer of the reel to reels first, but will offer them up once the machines have sold.

If anybody's interested PM me. Because of the weight of all this stuff, buyers will have to collect so it probably will only be of interest to UK purchasers.

Al

Sold one of the MS-16 today to a very nice Canadian who lives in London.
He was very pleased with the condition. That just leaves another one in the CS-65 'Console Stand'. I also have an AQ-65 and an IF-1000 for sale if anyone's interested.
I still have the two re-lapped TASCAM MSR-16 DBX machines if anyone's looking for a 1/2" machine.
Thanks,
Al

Hey JP....just been reading about the 2", 24track......nice. I suppose you saw what someone's MSR24 went for on Ebay this week....almost £1500. That should give you some spondoolies back when you part with yours.
All the best,
Al

Hey JP....just been reading about the 2", 24track......nice. I suppose you saw what someone's MSR24 went for on Ebay this week....almost £1500. That should give you some spondoolies back when you part with yours.
All the best,
Al

Thanks. I'm having a transport issue with the MX80 at the moment which I believe to be the pinch roller failing - it's rather squishy and the surface looks very suspect. I have an Athan roller on the way, which I'm hoping will sort everything out.

Hey Altruistica,
I have an Ms-16 as well and had a very similar issue with it. Turns out my power supply is corrupted somehow . I am going to replace the tsd313e transistors and erb1202g1 diodes. My question is what was the exact part number for the new diodes you replaced the old ones with? Is there an ideal cross reference number ? Where did you find the replacement diodes you used ? From what I've read you have had good luck with the new diodes you used. I send my condolences to your friend's husband.

Hey Max,

I forget now what the diodes I replaced were...I'm sure that someone said on this site, a diode is a diode, meaning as long as the rating is equivalent or I think higher, it will be ok. The power board I seem to remember is at the bottom of the machine. I got the replacements from a general electrical parts supplier in the UK called Maplins.......as I said, nothing fancy or esoteric.
Al

Back