Adds from the past

I had an old box full of brochures that I threw away about 15 years ago. It had all the Fostex stuff from the A8 and on, including the mixers and cassette studios to that time. Also had all the info on the Akai 12-tracks, and a few Tascam products. Lots of keyboard brochures back to the 70's.

Yes, my but still hurts from kicking myself later. :p

Luckily I found a bunch of Tascam, Yamaha, Otari, Fostex, Alesis, Kurzweil, Ensoniq and other brochures in a filing cabinet I forgot I had. I even bought a Tascam 388 brochure on ebay for $9.99 to punish myself for being such an idiot. I had an original from a local store around for years, but threw it away in a garage cleaning frenzy. :eek:

Now I don't throw anything away -- I just make more room. :)

The worst thing I ever threw away (in the same garage cleaning frenzy) was an old rack-mount Electro-Harmonix vocoder. Back when I got it I traded it for some cheap pedal chorus. Believe it or not, back in the day Electro-Harmonix was not highly valued – most of their stuff was cheap and noisy.

Anyway, a few months after I threw the vocoder away I started getting interested in ebay… found them selling for between $250-$300. “SHIT!” I exclaimed. :D

Attachments

• eh-voc.jpg
    eh-voc.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 31
Beck said:
The worst thing I ever threw away (in the same garage cleaning frenzy) was an old rack-mount Electro-Harmonix vocoder.
auch! :o :eek: :mad: :eek: ...that hurts!
You know what I did? ... maybe no big deal..but still. about 10-12 y.ago ??? I had Roberts r-t-r machine ...the one similar to akai with 8-track built-in on the side... damn ugly thing...and it worked just fine.... someone just gave it to me, and I kept it for some time , never used. I lived in pretty small apartment then. So one day I just took the machine out (together with big box of reels and a collection of 8-track oldies (I never really looked into what was in that collection))...and simply put all that stuff into trash-container. Now when I look back to that event of my life, I think of it like I was in some sort of trance-madness state of mind or something, because as I can recall, I had no emotions what so ever as I was carring the machine out and putting it into garbage container (yeah, like "voices" told me to do it :D ). heh heh ....

oh well....

who else? what's your story, guys? spit it out - let it go, God will forgive you... :D

When I moved, back in June of this year, I went from a 3 story, 4 bedroom townhouse to a 2 bedroom apartment. I was packing and throwing out stuff for 5 months prior to the move date and the list of stuff I discarded, sold for next to nothing, or gave away includes but is not limited to this following items;

a set of drums,
a home-made, flying V electric guitar,
a Traynor Reverb Master guitar head amp,
a matching cabinet with dual 12" drivers,
a ten band eq,
a Sony 53" XBR projection TV,
a Triphonic 3A bass table which is a huge coffee table sub-woofer with 4, 12" drivers with a 150 watt rack mount power amp to drive it,
approx 800 magazines,
dozens of posters,
Countless bags of cloths,
an 8track stereo system,
a pair of Realistic MC800 speakers,
a Russound a/v patch bay,
an Apple computer,
a home-made PC,
two perfectly good sofas,
3 ottomans,
half a dozen chairs of assorted styles,
various shelving units,
fishing gear,
old hand tools - a tool box full,
a complete bedroom set with night tables, tall and long dressers and a new Sealy Posturpedic mattress,
a second bedroom set with single bed,
a foyer table,
a 4'x6' wall mirror,
hundreds of pieces of various brick-a-brack,
rugs,
wall to wall broadloom carpeting,
20' floor to ceiling gold Levelor metal vertical blinds,
assorted blinds and drapes,
a lazy-boy recliner,
a 25" Magnavox console TV,
a 20" RCA TV,
6 garbage bags full of towels, sheets and blankets,
a dozen pillows,

And, a thousand other items I can't recall or care to catalog right now BUT, I kept all my old TASCAM brochures, Mix, Stereo Review and Home Recording magazines! :p

Cheers! :)

Back