Which 4-Track Can Sync with my Fostex MR-8

brasco1234

Hello all-
I am thinking about getting a cassette four-track to sync with my Fostex MR-8 which doesn't allow me to record enough tracks at once on it. Plus, I was hoping for a little analog warmth on my guitar tracks.
Could somebody tell me which cassette four-track could sync to my Fostex MR-8? I've been looking around and haven't found anything quite yet...there is of course the option of using one of the tracks for sync code but I would like to avoid doing this if possible. I was hoping for some other option...what it is I wouldn't know. I want to avoid using an external sync box and using a track for that.
Thanks for all your help,
Chris

None.

No cassette 4-track will do slave-sync, at all,... if that's what you're asking.

Lots of cassette 4-tracks will do code-only-master sync. That's where you record a sync track on track 4, NR off, and the other device chases the 4-track, usually with an interfacing sync box between them.

For the most part, in cassette 4-trackers and NR, I'm speaking of Tascam Portastudios and dbx. Many, many Tascam Portastudios are capable of recording and outputting a sync signal off track 4. That includes, but is not limited to the 424mkII, 424mkIII, 246, 414mkII, etc.

If you're looking for a cassette 4-tracker that will sync in slave mode to your MR8, you're simply out of luck.

A Reel Person said:
No cassette 4-track will do slave-sync, at all,... if that's what you're asking.

Lots of cassette 4-tracks will do code-only-master sync. That's where you record a sync track on track 4, NR off, and the other device chases the 4-track, usually with an interfacing sync box between them.

For the most part, in cassette 4-trackers and NR, I'm speaking of Tascam Portastudios and dbx. Many, many Tascam Portastudios are capable of recording and outputting a sync signal off track 4. That includes, but is not limited to the 424mkII, 424mkIII, 246, 414mkII, etc.

If you're looking for a cassette 4-tracker that will sync in slave mode to your MR8, you're simply out of luck.

What dave means is that port-studios are useless toys that are better off in the trash. I know how to "read between the lines" in Dave's posts.

Tired of trolling yet?

Read between the lines:
----------------------
You are a troll.
----------------------

You are a sadly pathetic troll!

I'm flattered that you'd care enough to troll my posts, all over this board! :)

Back