2 TASCAM 38s

planetorange

This may have been covered before somewhere here, but was wondering if you can sync two or three 38s together for more tracks. If you can, how is it done?

You'll need 48's, 58's, TSR8's or ATR60-8's to pull that off as all of those units offered a synchronizer port and compatibility to work in a multi-machine lock-up via SMTPE or MTC control signal tracks recorded to the last track on the tape, (track 8) but, the 38, being an entry level unit, did not offer this functionality.

The 38 can function a master deck where the others, mentioned above, could chase it to lock up to but that would be the only scenario where a 38 could participate.

External synchronizer units that write and read time code and control the transports to lock up with one-an-other are also required equipment. TASCAM offered a few of these units in years gone by like the MTS-1000 Midiizer and the ES50/51 synchronizer-controllers.

Cheers! :)

2 38s

Ah its ok. I didnt really need more tracks. I have a 38 and my friend has two so i was jus wondering. But honestly i LIKE only having 8 tracks. Thanks for the help.

planetorange said:
Ah its ok. I didnt really need more tracks. I have a 38 and my friend has two so i was jus wondering. But honestly i LIKE only having 8 tracks. Thanks for the help.

makes ya mix as ya go along, doesn't it? No messing around with unlimited plug-in choices on the computer, eh??

Having a buddy with two of them for "spare parts" is convienient, isn't it? :D :D

Back