Wollensak 4 track

hfloyd

I am not an electrical person at all; however, I am searching for a wollensak 4 track reel-to-reel player for my grandfather. He has tapes of his parents that he is unable to listen to because his player broke a long time ago. He has told me that his player was able to handle tape sizes from 4 to 7 inches. If anyone could give my any direction it would be greatly appreciated. Do you know if he would be able to play the tapes on any other brand player? Are reel-to-reel 4 track players still made or floating around?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Sincerely,
hfloyd

Sounds like it was probably a quadraphonic machine.

I did a google search and found a few things. Youi should check it out. Interesting stuff. Did't look long enough for what you need, but there is information out there already.

hfloyd,
Your Grandafather's Wollensack was a 4-track, 2-channel model, some of the really old ones was made in mono, check the model nr if he still has the deck.
You need to know what speed the tapes were recorded with before buying another machine.
I have several different serviced reel to reels if you are interested.
No Wollensack in stock but other better quality machines with speeds from: 1-7/8, 3-3/4 and 7-1/2.
Here are feedback from earlier buyers that have bought decks and parts from me: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/vintagetx/Feedback.html

You can contact me if you want and I can help finding another deck for you.

:)

Back