Tascam TRS-8

iangerber

I'm looking into a TSR-8 for a super price. Everything seem to be in great shape except that the Stop button doesn't work. Anyone have any idea as to how it can be fixed or how much it might cost to get it done at an electronics shop?

Hard to say really. It could be just a bad switch or it could be a loose wire. I would wager the cost to repair it would be minimal. To me, a 'super' price for a TSR-8 in good shape would be anything under $300.

What actually happens when you press top? Does the machine try to stop but fails? Does it just not respond to the button being pressed?

You could consider looking for a RC-408, the remote for the TSR-8, but getting the button on the reel to reel fixed will likely be less expensive. The remote is great though and something you may want to keep an eye out for...

Robert

The price is down to 200 w/ remote. I found someone to do the repair if the remote doesn't work to stop it. I'm going to just go ahead and buy it. I could sell it for parts and get more money than what i'm gong to spend. I'm pretty excited about it.

That is a great price! If the remote is good, I wouldn't worry about the button on the TSR-8. I never touch it. It's much easier to keep the remote right next to me and operate the machine that way then it is to keep reaching for the deck.

Nice find!

Back