Tascam 388 and E-MU 0404

milk_meat

Hello everyone, I have a Tascam 388 and I just bought the E-MU 0404. I want to mixdown onto my computer but don't know what I/O 's to use. This card has 2 left/right OUT 1/4" and 2 left/right IN 1/4" jacks, S/PDIF (optical) I/O, S/PDIF (coax) I/O, and Midi I/O. Which one of these should I chose to get the best results (less noise i.e) when I mixdown to my computer from the Tascam. Thanks so much

Last edited:
The 1/4 inch inputs would be the only two inputs you could use with your 388. 1 and 2 for left and right

Last edited:
Thanks Herm

Cool Herm, thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to do it by going from the Stereo Out (XLR) of the Tascam to Stereo In of the E-MU sound card (1/4").
-

Now Soundforge 7 won't work

I've connected 1 cable from Left XLR to Left 1/4" on E-Mu and done the same for the Right channel but somehow the program (Soundforge 7) that I've been using to capture audio from my Tascam wont capture anything. It doesn't even acknowledge that sound is coming in. It worked perfectly fine with my old crappy soundcard that had a ton of white-noise. I've even uninstalled SoundForge and reinstalled but it was in vain. I'm able to connect speakers to the sound card and hear whats coming in from my Tascam so why wont SoundForge recognize that there's sound coming in? The rest of my computer realizes this.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think I got it

This is what I did, I loaded the PatchMix program and made sure I had these three strips PCI Card In L, PCI Card In R, and Wave L/R. I then went to the "Main Inserts" and right clicked on an empty insert and chose "insert send to Asio/Wave or physical out" and when the New Send Insert windows came up I chose Host Wave L/R. Finally, I panned everything hard left and right.

Back