tape to computer

2xDelta 10/10
motu 2408+expander, this is assuming you want to transfer 16 tracks simultaneously.

Tape to computer

Thanks for your reply Harley,If possible could you give me more details of what I would need. I don't have a great understanding of computers.
All the best
Kev

Hello Mr. Fox, I see your a fellow MSR owner. Are you the recipiant of John Sayers studio design. I thought I saw your studio pics in the building forum. Just curious. I was under the impression that your studio was protools already, not analog. Maybe I am confused. Anyway, thought I would just say hello, and ask how you like the MSR. I have 2 of them that I am in the process of synching right now, to a midiizer. Haven't really had a chance to use them very much. I am always eager to hear others comments about them. I think I am going to purchase one more as a parts machine, as I will probably never get rid of these, and parts are not available anymore. But I did purchase a Tascam 42b for mixdown, as I really am not into digital. Maybe a standalone CDW deck for reference, but not final mixes. Of course, I doubt if I will ever need the services of a mastering house anyway, but I just plain love analog. Good luck with your studio. If its the one I'm thinking about, wow! Mr. Sayers work is superb.(sorry I didn't have an answer. The tascam.com analog forum is a good source for info also)
fitz:)

G'day Rick, You have got the right guy and the right studio. The reason I posted about the MSR 16 was it is something that I know how to use and have had it for years. As for the recording equipment to be used in my studio, it hasn't been finalized.yet.
John is all for Nuendo and value for money it certainly is a better option than Pro tools, the only thing is , John is a computer wiz and I don't have a clue.
My band spent a week recording an album in a studio last week and recorded on Pro tools using a Mac.... Too much fucking around .
I'm looking at the Tascam 24 track hard disc which is simple and gives instant results, then process everything through Nuendo after John spends 6 months teaching me how to turn the bloody thing on.
All the best
Kev

Back