.pdf of a M-30

poopchute

I know there have been some threads about manuals lately. I have done alot of searching lately on the internet. And Ive come to the conclusion that Im just not gonna find a free pdf of a Tascam M-30. Thats all Im really looking for. I'd actually prefer the pdf over the real one. Is there anyone here who has a pdf of this?

I've been meaning to post the M-30 manual for some time now but the hardest part about it is how I would go about creating the pdf file.. Is there a good, simple (and free) program which can do this? I don't have the manual scanned yet but rather have a photo copy of it (along with the original). I do have a scanner.

Man, thanks a lot! This looks really good!
I'll have to do some leg-work here and hopefully get an M-30 pdf manual out of this to post. It'll probably take me through the weekend and into next week to finish up.

Cjacek
I was just checking in to see if youre making any progress? You're doing the community a favor.
What is it about this mixer, that everyone seems to love and cherish that makes all the owners somehow loose the manual. Ever since I have been watching Ebay for these mixers it seems most of them are being sold without the dang manual?

It's not because they love the mixer that the manuals get lost.

I think it's because the mixer is so simple & easy to master that the manuals get lost. Is the passage of time, 25 years, any excuse for losing something? I dunno. I'm sure it depends who you ask.

I have the manuals for almost all my music gear. I don't ever throw anything away, & hardly ever lose something. I'm a pack rat. I can't always find something exactly when I want it, but that's another story!:eek:;)

Cjacek
I was just checking in to see if youre making any progress? You're doing the community a favor.
What is it about this mixer, that everyone seems to love and cherish that makes all the owners somehow loose the manual.

It's going good so far. I'm ironing out a few kinks here and there but progress is good. I will update.

The M30 mixer's popularity is undoubtedly enhanced by groups such as this, word of mouth and more specifically by members such a A Reel Person (Dave). It's about getting a product exposed and the M30 along with the 388 has that in spades. Those two pieces alone have a cult like following, right Dave?;):D This whole board is a like a huge, ongoing marketing campaign for TASCAM Analog products. It was actually A Reel Person who got me hooked onto the 388, M30, 246, 34 etc..... and I love it! I think it was Dave's 388 Lennon / Beatles covers, which completely sold me on this unit. You have to understand, that this was a process but this forum along with Dave, made it so much easier and I'm thankful for that. Aside for this influence, the M30 is an absolute joy to operate, sounds great, has tons of routing possibilities and is rather compact (still heavy and big enough though;)).

Heavy,...

you bet!.............:eek::rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1-Tascam M30 resize.jpg
    1-Tascam M30 resize.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 1-Tascam M30d1.jpg
    1-Tascam M30d1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 162
Just an update: I just finished scanning 50 pages of the manual at 150dpi, high quality, in grey scale. Primopdf proved to be a bit short on features so I found pdfedit995 plus a bunch of other related programs. A bit of trial and error there and time consuming but the end product will be worth it, I hope...;)

The thing with pdfedit995 is that each time I wish to convert to pdf, it'll start showing adverts and it takes longer for the thing to actually finish.:rolleyes: I may do the converting a bit later today or start it tomorrow. Overall, however, pdfedit995, especially that it's free, is a hell of a good program.

The manual may be quite large, as each page is about 300kb and there are 50 pages, so it may be a 20 - 30 mb pdf file. Problem is I don't have anywhere to host this. I'll start a thread to ask about this.

Stay tuned!:eek::eek:

m-30 manual

I'd be interested in the M-30 manual as well. I've got acrobat & server space; if you want to post or send me the images, I can generate & host the PDF.

Back