Ho hum...

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
Undesirably quiet Saturday night.

Been working on the Tascam M-__ earlier today.

Now about to solder up some Jensen 918 discrete opamps forrrr...nothing in particular. I have a sample my friend loaned me and I want to get it back to him. Someday these opamps might find their way into a restored MCI JH-416 mixing desk.

Ho hum...

image.jpg

I think the "ho hum" part was for the majority of the world and what they might say.

Yes, keeps me out of trouble. Good to check it off the list. Though I must say the conversation is a bit dull in the room. :D

Here they are, dual Jensen 918 opamps in the foreground dwarfing a TL072 dual opamp in the background:

image.jpg

So now I'm thinking I oughta see if there's a picture of an AG-500 in a certain sticky thread...:)

Not Ho-hum. DOAs are pretty cool. Different flavors and modifications of those. the permeations go on for ever...

Ive been on a DIY kick as of late. Im satisfied with my tape machines, same for the console and even a bunch of out board dynamics. But DIY is a great way to add really good stuff to the studio at a substantial savings, and start offing the "placeholders". Also, building this stuff makes me comfortable with how they operate and how to trouble shoot them (if necessary) in very short order.

Im just finishing a PYE stereo pulse width modulation compressor. A couple more DIY and restorations in line...

Might ask Mr Ghost if he could do me a glamour shot of it when I finish.

Oh, Daniel, that's just absurd... :p

The opamps are like a kit...with a stuffing diagram and everything...like an electronics paint by numbers picture.

I maintain I'm trying to catch up to the majority of the folks here that actually make *music* with their gear. LOL! :D

Last edited:
OK,

where did you get the PCB's? I'm now jealous, and need *yet another* DIY project to keep me away from actually making music...:o:D

I did just finish a microphone based on the basic Royer/SELA circuit, using a 6AK5 instead of a 5840 and one of my groupbuy 47 style capsules...

6ak5_schematic.PNG

I got them from a buddy who had them made up years ago and he had a couple left over.

And you're speakin' microphonese there! :eek:

Back