Ghost.......I finally got a desk!!

sixtiesman

Dear Ghost and everyone else!

Thanks for all the help......I missed the M312B...I tried to buy a M-520 but the seller ignored all my email questions.

So....for better or worse....I bought an Allen and Heath GS3 16 channel. Sorry Ghost!! or did I do OK?

If anyone has any comments I would welcome them good or bad!!

regards sixtiesman

sixtiesman said:
Dear Ghost and everyone else!

Thanks for all the help......I missed the M312B...I tried to buy a M-520 but the seller ignored all my email questions.

So....for better or worse....I bought an Allen and Heath GS3 16 channel. Sorry Ghost!! or did I do OK?

If anyone has any comments I would welcome them good or bad!!

regards sixtiesman

I had one. I currently have a GL2200 32 channel mixer (new). The GS3 is one great board that is fairly clean. It has great pre-amps and a great EQ. The one main thing to watch is the summing buss (the two track output one). If the balance seems to be off, it will only get worse with time. Then, a repair will be in order. Otherwise, a great sounding board for sure.

Auditioning the effect? On a GS3

Thanks to the Ghost and acorec.

If anyone can help....My old Fostex has a pre/post button which facilitates listening to the effect on its own. The GS3 does'nt have this! I can't seem to find a way of sending the aux send pre fader....(apparently this is fairly important so I'm told!!!)

Any experts out there prepared to take on a keen student?

regards

sixtiesman

sixtiesman said:
Thanks to the Ghost and acorec.

If anyone can help....My old Fostex has a pre/post button which facilitates listening to the effect on its own. The GS3 does'nt have this! I can't seem to find a way of sending the aux send pre fader....(apparently this is fairly important so I'm told!!!)

Any experts out there prepared to take on a keen student?

regards

sixtiesman

You know, I have worked with so many mixing boards from Neve to Behringer that I don't remember. Go here http://www.allen-heath.com/veterans/manuals.htm

They changed the site as I have downloaded the manual before. I have it at home somewhere. I guess you have to order it now. But, at least you can get it. I will look to see if I still have the pdf file as I have not had a GS3 for a long while and my computers get purged periodically.

Peace out.

I have the manual thanks!!!

Dear acorec

Thank you for you interest!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have worked on many desks maybe you're the person who can tell me how important or not important this facility is??

It says in the manual that "all the effects sends are post fader post mute" "The processed sound is returned mixed with the dry via the effects returns"

These cannot be split (as they can on my old desk)

Therefore you can't audition/tweak the effect on its own

How much of a bad thing is this??

regards

sixtiesman

One option is to use a regular channel for an effect return which gives you full channel functionality.

sixtiesman said:
Dear acorec

Thank you for you interest!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have worked on many desks maybe you're the person who can tell me how important or not important this facility is??

It says in the manual that "all the effects sends are post fader post mute" "The processed sound is returned mixed with the dry via the effects returns"

These cannot be split (as they can on my old desk)

Therefore you can't audition/tweak the effect on its own

How much of a bad thing is this??

regards

sixtiesman

It's not really a "bad" thing, just inconvienient.

Back