Desperately seeking TSR8 Manual

Ears

ADA
Hi Everyone....
Well I am back to analog after years of digital. I miss that sound, and no tubes in the world are going to bring it back, fo all you dig heads out there.
Editing is easier in digital, but now I want to track again in analog.

Which brings me to my begging request....
Does anyone have a TSR8 manual in print, pdf, word doc, any way would be really really appreciated.
I had a 80-8 for years, and never should have parted with it. I was lead to the trough, but now I am back.
Cheers to ananlog.

Lou :rolleyes:

You'll find your manual here.

TEAC Canada, Ltd.
5939 Wallace Street
Mississauga, Ontario
L4Z 1Z8
Canada
Phone: (905) 890-8008
Fax: (905) 890-9888

Ask for the parts department. They have them in stock and ship next day.

Cheers! :)

Very much appreciated. Especially being a Canadian, it'snot often I get to order this type of stuff form here.

Cheers to you, and look forward to spending some time here.
I joined the Tascam page as well, but not much activity there.

Lou

The TSR8 is a great sounding machine!

The only trouble I had with mine was the track arming buttons. I guess I am a little heavy handed when I punch in and out.... Be gentle they can break

Sincerely

DOM FRANCO ;)

thanks Dom.

While I am waiting for the manual, can you let me know what it says about the serial port?
Is it used for sync to a PC, or as a form of digital out? What is it's purpose? Everywhere I look on the net it says to be able to hook up to a PC but it doesn't elaborate.

Much appreciated.

Lou

The serial port on the TSR8, formally called the Accessory 2 connector, is used to connect the deck to an external synchronizer like the MTS-1000 also called a "midiizer".

The Midiizer was a device used for locking up two ATRs and a midi sequencer together to work as a singular unit for more elaborate productions.

This was not designed for direct interface with a computer and does not contain any digital audio signals what so ever. It's only signals are transport control related and other functions pertaining to arming tracks to record or play, like a remote control would do.

Cheers! :)

Back