Arturia Minibrute problems--what would you guys suggest?

Hammerstone

Out of style
Hey guys. I just made a (for me) big purchase yesterday, an Arturia Minibrute analog synth. I picked it up last night, made a cursory check to make sure everything worked, then brought it home. Just playing with it this morning, it was a joy to use, for about an hour, but now it's developed a problem, which is the + Octave button. Wonderful high-quality Chinese craftsmanship, I guess...

View attachment Minibrute prob.bmpView attachment Minibrute prob.bmp

I can go down octaves quite easily, but I have to push the button much harder now to raise the octave, and it doesn't always work, which makes it harder to do things on the fly.

Do you guys think this could be an easy fix, something maybe you could talk me through? Or am I better off letting a pro handle it? I've been looking at Arturia's website, and first of all don't know if I can open a case with them, not being the original owner. That would be the first thing I'd contact the seller about I suppose.

Man, it's so disappointing, especially considering I had to drive to Denver and back yesterday and traffic was bad. I'd rather not return it if I don't have to, especially because I need this synth for my ensemble (I've been borrowing other people's midi controllers and computers all week, don't want to do that anymore).

Here's the original listing:
http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/4555589680.html

What would you guys do?

:(

Back