Anybody got any 7" one inch reels for Tascam MS-16

altruistica

I want to check my MS-16 reel tensions with my tentelometer and have read in the manual it is much easier to achieve using 7" reels (because of the inverted 'omega' setup). Anybody in the UK got any spare they want to sell?
Thanks
Al

I have some 8" videotape reels if that would work. Shipping a pair of them won't be much fun, though I will probably spool the tape off onto something else first. (I don't like the idea of destroying it in case the recording is somehow valuable, though I think they're actually Welsh-language dubs of TV commercials)

Hey JP,

Thanks for the offer. Would they fit on 1" NAB adaptors? Thinking of your studio, if they fit onto your MSR24, then they'd fit as I think the hubs are the same as the MS-16. Can you PM with details of what you're looking for for them?
Thanks
Al

Hey JP,

Thanks for the offer. Would they fit on 1" NAB adaptors? Thinking of your studio, if they fit onto your MSR24, then they'd fit as I think the hubs are the same as the MS-16. Can you PM with details of what you're looking for for them?
Thanks
Al

I haven't tried them - originally I was thinking to use them for 1/2" tape, but the cores are solid metal so chopping them down was impractical. However, I am using a 10.5" videotape spool as my takeup reel on the MSR24, since they're a lot sturdier than the audio tape reels.

I'll put one of the 8" reels on the machine tonight just to make sure. Indeed, I'll have to if want to spool the tape off anyhow.

I forget how much I paid - it wasn't a huge amount, to be honest, they had been kept in a basement somewhere and were a bit damp when I got them. I'd be a little surprised if it was less than a tenner for shipping, probably around 15, especially if you need two of them. Unless you wanted to collect, of course.

Back