The Internet's Best Recording Resources

Thought I've never heard of Ozone, I'm finding their mastering guide to be an interesting read, as they use a lot of general guidelines.

Some links to some (free) VSTs would be a nice thing to add.

Hey Chili,

I haven't checked this thread out since it's first week or so, but looking at it now, I'm surprised that the library of stuff available at the Rane Corporation website has not been tapped here yet.

Their Rane Notes contain some of the best articles on the web, IMHO, and their Pro Audio Reference is a comprehensive glossary of audio terms, audio company names and links and other assorted info.

G.

I'm surprised that the library of stuff available at the Rane Corporation website has not been tapped here yet.

Their Rane Notes contain some of the best articles on the web,...
It's been tapped here in the past. I've referred to it a few times in posts and agree it's a valuable resource.

Another one I came upon just recently is the Womb @ The Womb - Powered by Electricity!
It's got a mountain of great info there if you have the time to read it. Another goldmine for the audiophile societies.

Here's a good starting point for the latest BUZZ

Avid Takes Top Awards at Winter NAMM 2011!

Look around, awesome stuff. It's all here:

Tips and Tutorials - Avid Community

The industry’s top music creation solutions just became even more affordable and accessible to college students, educators and academic institutions across the globe!

Well I am not sure it's one of the best resources,
but there is recording info on this website which I'm developing for aspiring engineers / bands looking to make decent recordings without splashing much cash. In particular, the series Sessions On A Shoestring has had positive feedback from various members here, and I'd hope it's at least helpful to a few more people looking to run their own sessions.

Just have to add to the chorus of "thank you"s to the OP and everyone else who has provided links to helpful sites.

Finding the right musicians for a session

OK, I'm a little biased here, but a great resource for recording is finding the right musicians to work with...

GrooveZoo

Complete music index, searching and collaboration platform.

Back