New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey All, I've been a long time reader and first time poster. The time has FINALLY come to start amassing the gear to construct my own little haven in the basement. This site has provided me with tremendous insight to date and going forward, I anticipate the need for a helping hand. I'm really looking forward to getting this project started and thanks to all who've helped me and don't know it and to those who extend their hands in the future.

Giddy UP!!

Hello,

I've been home recording for the last 15 years, when I realized, with several cassette tapes, I could turn a karaoke's dual cassette deck into a multi-track recorder. I'm a terrible musician and an even worse recording engineer but I like doing things myself and now I'm hear to learn from all of you!

Hello! I am TheLemonAid and I love music. I've played guitar and drums for 13 years now (since I am six, now I am 19). My interest in recording begun when I started writing my own songs, so only a year ago have I started investing in recording equipment. Due to low budget, my recording arsenal is rather modest (If you're interested: SEelectronics SE2200a mic, Presonus Firestudio Mobile interface. Software: Logic Pro 9). But it's sufficient for me to record some cool stuff, and I've already learned a lot throughout the process. Of course, I still have a million questions that await to be answered, and therefore I decided to join this forum. I am looking forward to being a part of it.

Cheers!

Keep Music Alive!

Hello,

I'm new to all this computer recording so, I'll have a lot of questions on different software and equipment I'll need to know about to record with my computer. Are there any links I should know about before I start posting? Anyway, I've been playing guitar off and on for the past 25years. Played more when I was younger, then work interfered a lot. I started playing more daily the past year and would like to start recording again.

Yep, look at the 'Stickies' at the top of each forum. Particularly the newbies forum. Many 'first' questions will be answered there.

Welcome to the forum odin! :)

Finally on my way to my first time ever being able to record and edit! Thanks to you guys!
I work at a karaoke bar, and the best part of my job is to sing and sing at the end of the night.

I have a bad cold now, but once it's over, oh yeah, recording time! - I've always wanted to do this, and now I finally have the chance.

I'll post songs as I go.

Thank you all so much, I'll def be back at this forum!

- Airy

Hi Im Paul From Grimsby In the UK and I love making music. I live by this saying -

"Dont die with the music still inside of you!"

Hey guys I'm Matt. I'm currently an Audio Engineering student at Expression College in the San Francisco Bay Area, and about to graduate in January. I'm into all things audio related, but I am in love with Mixing music! I'm also into doing some Post Production and Masting work too.

Also, I produce Progressive House music under the alias Durt Grizzly and have recently started picking up support on my tracks from many of the world's biggest EDM DJs... Excited to see what all is going around here on the forum :)

Newbie here

Just decided to build a home studio. Gotta have a hobby while between deployment. Ill be cruising this site every day. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated and I will do my best to help you folks.
Thanks
russ

hi - another newbe

Hi,

I'm Gary and been interested in recording since I was a kid (a very, very long time ago). The biggest problem I have is finding people/groups to record. Surprising how may choirs don't want you around when you have a mic in your hand or if you send them an offer to make a free of charge recording. Really frustrating.

Not the best at this game by a long way and forever learning. Running Logic Pro on my PC (apple, whatever) and not finding that or Mac easy to get on with. Was running Cubase until my PC went ka-putt, but that was always falling over. It was quite an old version though. All I ever wanted to do was mix down a couple of channels or decide an MS recording!

Anyway, just love the whole recording process and have met some wonderful people through it.

Look forward to learning and making a contribution. Have even made my first post (not this one) :-)

Hey guys. I've delved into this recording stuff a little myself. Just trying to gain more knowledge about one of the more fascinating areas of life. :)

I'm a drummer from Arizona and I'm pretty new to recording. I'm having some trouble so we'll see if you guys can help me out here. :D

Hey all,

Here to learn as much as I can because I want to make music. Pretty simple really. I don't know much but I'm ready to learn.

Back