My little mic collection

Like I said, I'm not trying to make you look or feel bad. Childish enthousiasm is the best thing in the world (to me).

In the context, I think "child-like" may have read better than "childish".

Child-like implies uninhibited, not self-conscious, and joyful. Childish implies immature.

Paul

What is your favorite mic there and why?
Well, actually, a number of them are for different reasons.
The Z5600A is a great tube mic for my voice and is my #1 favorite of the group per se.
The Z3300A is a wonderful piano mic and is also a great acoustic guitar mic and works well together with the small condensor SE3 for acoustic guitar.
The SE3 Small condensors are incredible as drum overheads, for acoustic guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano. Works well on guitar amp too! A Studio Owner/Drummer friend of mine tried them as overheads and didnt want to give them back.
The baseball looking SE TITAN titanium diaphragm mic is the most expensive of the bunch and is a super percussion mic due to ultra fast transients. In figure 8, the rear of the mic is a great voice-over mic. Also a great bass amp mic.
Of course, I love the sm57 for guitar amp.
Hope this helps.
BG
StudioMics201234 (640x454).jpg

ChrisGhosts Kind Response

He was basically giving you a high-five over the interwebs :D
I got that after ChrisGhosts kind response. :)

There was a period of time here when there were a lot of people who would make back-handed, snide and off the wall comments just to be verbally combative and start verbal fights and, unfortunately, I was one who got a lot of that.

It's certainly not an excuse but based on those lovely experiences at a time when I was "coming down" from a bad case of PTSD, I tend to be sensitized to it.
Like, after you've been dodging bullets for years then someone's car backfires and you grab your weapon and head for cover......:laughings:

Back