Mixer/PC help

Yep it was a guess. I hate it when they don't include schematics but only nerds like me read them so I guess it's a waste of effort to publish them.

Do you have an eternal effects unit? You could use that for headphone reverb. Just split the FX Send and route it to both the reverb and the computer.

If it was my mixer I'd be tempted to open it and hard wire the socket so it still fed the internal effects. Strange design choice of theirs because you can just turn down the FX To Main if you don't want the internal effects so sending to both wouldn't be a problem.

Honestly, opening it up and "making" a fix was my first thought, but I can't find anyone who has done it. While I do repair computers for a living, audio is mostly overlooked. I could actually do all of this easily with software, vr cables, etc, but the latency is terrible. For now, I found that SOME 1/4" adapters will split the mono male signal to stereo female 3.5mm, but not sure exactly which ones yet. The one that came with my AT headphones definitely won't do it. Still looking around through reviews.

I don't have an external FX unit unfortunately.

I don't know how easy it is with your DAW but you could do an effects send in it and use a plugin reverb and include just the wet reverb (i.e. no live vocal) in the monitor mix that you're sending to the mixer. The latency wouldn't be an issue because it would just be a bit of pre-delay.

I didn't buy the 1002fx primarily for tracking, so it still has a role over here. However, it was clear I wanted jacks that would allow me to do stuff, and I found a Tascam m-106 for something like $35. don't beat yourself up

though- this is the mixer setup I would use. Tell me if it is what you did:

MIC --> Mixer input #1 (XLR)
MIXER MAIN OUTPUT --> Computer audio line in (via EITHER WHITE RCA OUTS->1/8" or Main 1/4" outs to 1/8")
COMPUTER Headphone output --> Mixer "2-track in" (via 1/8" to RED RCAs)
Headphones --> headphone output on mixer

"2-TRK to MIX" button NOT pressed.
"2-TRK to CTRL RM" button PRESSED

I would expect that would work.
If your mixer bleeds, though.. a stereo option can work.

Just a quick update.. I don't know what I did, but I kept pressing buttons and suddenly it's working. Even Behringer said it's not supposed to work... Something is definitely broken.. but it's working the way I want it to.. With this configuration. Behringer basically said I'm SOL and need to get the 1204 to be able to do this.. O_O I already ordered the part I needed to split the left mono to stereo, so I guess I can cancel that..

Back