PC or Mac

• PC

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Mac

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the real question is, would you buy a car made like a PC or a Mac? If that were the choice I would get a horse, have that extra drink, and sleep on the horse while it takes me home.

I think that depends on who built the PC and out of which parts. Undeniably, the Apple Mac is a very well designed product, while the PC/ IBM compatible (call it what you will) can only really be described as a platform. I think this is the mistake a lot of people make, when they compare the PC platform to the Mac. And, remember, they are both 'Personal Computers'.

If I were to win a competition where I could choose either a free Hewlet Packard machine or an Apple Macintosh, I would choose the Mac... but only if it included an 'all you can eat' deal in software.

One of the main reasons has to do with professional studios who depend on the equipment being up and running at full potential all the time 24/7. The Mac uses a closed architecture which limits seriously the chance of hackers getting in. PC's have an open architecture and even with anti-virus and firewalls are vulnerable to hacking. Even without your system being connected to the internet, any disk from any artist might have a worm or a Trojan horse or worse. It common knowledge that the Intel commercials were originally created on a mac-based system. That also helped. Macs were originally the computer of choice for anyone doing creative graphics or film. They were just more stable and were worth the money. I hope this helps
NewYorkRod

I don't want to start a pc vs mac argument, its played out and we all know PC is better (Just kidding chill out mac guy). My question is why did Mac's become so popular in music production, and if you use a Mac why did you decide to go with it instead of building a more powerful PC for half the price? I realize not everyone knows how to build a PC DAW themselves, but I still don't understand why Mac's are so prevalent in this field. Any ideas???

Also added a poll to see if this observation is inaccurate. Maybe less people use Macs than it appears, we'll see.

I am so sick of hearing opinions of what is best. It is only a personal preference.

I am unsubscribing from this thread.....

Seems like a good plan Jimmy. Either operating system can work reliably and well. The decision is purely down to personal preference these days. I'll join you on the unsubscribed list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back