Where can I find a FabFilter Pro-L (v1) license key (legit/paid for/used)

Scootr

Hello,

I recently had a trusted source suggest the FabFilter Pro-L plugin for limiting. I downloaded it from FabFilter's legacy download section and it's working on a 30 day trial. I REALLY like how it works compared to what I was using, and I'm wondering where to find a key since they don't sell new ones for v1. Since v1 was suggested to me (and since I don't need to be too fancy), that's what I'm looking for. I will compare v2 and possibly go with that if I have to, but I'd prefer a decent deal on someone unloading their v1 key they don't use anymore. I'm also interested in the eq to a lesser extent.

To be clear, I'm not looking for illegal ways to use the plugin - just legit/legal transfer of license key. They support transfer of key ownership per their website.

Thanks!
Scootr

Not sure I like the Pro-L 2 myself. Just upgraded. $99. Not real keen on it so far. May just need time to work with it...

That being said, I bet you would have a hard time finding someone to sell the Pro-L v1 because it would then cost them then $200 to buy v2. Glad v1 still works with the upgrade or I would be really pissed...

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! I had a suspicion that was the case. It does look like v1 keys are available from resellers online for $199 - I might just grab v1 and move on...

Not sure I like the Pro-L 2 myself. Just upgraded. $99. Not real keen on it so far. May just need time to work with it...

That being said, I bet you would have a hard time finding someone to sell the Pro-L v1 because it would then cost them then $200 to buy v2. Glad v1 still works with the upgrade or I would be really pissed...

I'm delighted with PRO L2 The thing acts as a brilliant piece of metering besides anything else. Hope you get to enjoy it.

I'm delighted with PRO L2 The thing acts as a brilliant piece of metering besides anything else. Hope you get to enjoy it.

I am sure it will be and is fine. :)

I have 7 projects I am working on at this point and like the settings I have in L1 now. Tried messing with one project with L2 inserted and was just not the same feel. I said no for now...

I will surely be changing over on future projects.

That sounded odd. As if I was using the limiter as an effect. Well, in a way I am.

Anyway, carry on.

Back