Waves Sales through Nov 30 - H-Reverb too!

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
So I got a sale promo email from Waves...some deep discounts.

I've got most everything they have that interests me...but the thing that caught my eye was that they are finally offering their Hybrid Reverb on sale.
You can get it for $149 though Waves...but if you go through Audio Deluxe (my favorite plugin discount store) you can get it for $127 and change.

Not bad for a $350 plug. :)

I just got the vocal bundle for $82. Hit the "make offer" button under the buy button and put the lowest amount you can. Like $80. It'll come back as $90 and then you add a 10% off coupon "kml12".

I just got the vocal bundle for $82. Hit the "make offer" button under the buy button and put the lowest amount you can. Like $80. It'll come back as $90 and then you add a 10% off coupon "kml12".

On what website? I see no 'make offer' button.

Maybe it was a temporary thing. There was a "make an offer" button below the buy button on the waves page for vocal. It was sitting in my cart for a few days before the button appeared, maybe that makes a difference. Anyway the coupon should be good in any case, just apply it during checkout.

Edit: I added a different bundle to my shopping cart just to experiment. No make offer button now so I'll check back in a few days.

I bought the GEQ this weekend for $29, definitely a great deal. I'm a novice and have been using freebies and for where I am, that's fine. I really like the GEQ as it's also like an analyser so I'll definitely be able to learn from it as well. Can't justify buying many vsts no matter the cost but I can see myself buying a Waves bundle in the future when I get better, hopefully! lol

M

I felt dumb that I missed the intro price for h-reverb because I waited too long to demo it to see if I wanted it. So I pounced when it went on sale (also via audiodeluxe) but now I'm realizing I don't have the CPU power to really use it :( - I guess it's time for a new computer :)

Yeah...I have heard the H-Reverb is a CPU hog. I don't know how bad....like I assume you should be able to run it on an Aux or two, and not kill the CPU...but I guess if you run a bunch of instances, it starts to drain the CPU.
I don't find that too unusual with spatial type of plugs, because they are CPU intensive by their nature...though some are better than others.

I'm still thinking about H-Reverb, mainly because I still use outboard hardware units during OTB mixdown...but it's a good price, and I've checked out what it can do, so it is a high-end soft-verb that would be great for the ITB stuff.

I am really digging the H-Verb. Haven't noticed it being a hog myself, though I usually only use a few reverbs in most of my projects.

So I got a sale promo email from Waves...some deep discounts.

I've got most everything they have that interests me...but the thing that caught my eye was that they are finally offering their Hybrid Reverb on sale.
You can get it for $149 though Waves...but if you go through Audio Deluxe (my favorite plugin discount store) you can get it for $127 and change.

Not bad for a $350 plug. :)

Just installed H reverb, have not used it yet, got it for 126. :D

I am really digging the H-Verb. Haven't noticed it being a hog myself, though I usually only use a few reverbs in most of my projects.

It was some comments I saw on a couple of websites....but I have no idea WTF those guys were using for computers.

I'm sure most high-end verbs are gonna' need a little more CPU than other plugs...but that's nothing unusual.
I also think people may be overusing it...like dropping multiple instances rather than bussing shit to one or two instances....you know what I mean. That might be the reason some think it was hogging their CPU.

It was some comments I saw on a couple of websites....but I have no idea WTF those guys were using for computers.

I'm sure most high-end verbs are gonna' need a little more CPU than other plugs...but that's nothing unusual.
I also think people may be overusing it...like dropping multiple instances rather than bussing shit to one or two instances....you know what I mean. That might be the reason some think it was hogging their CPU.

Likely...

I built my PC to do what I need it to do for how I use it.

I personally do not use a bunch of VSTi's. But I do tend to have fully mixed projects and add new vocals or whatever with all the effects running. Not really a big CPU hit for a system like I have.

But, I will say that FabFilter Pro-L as an insert will add close to 10ms delay on it's own for me. Now that is a hog...

Yeah to be fair (and I should have been fair in my first post) I'm using a 2008 macbook pro. Definitely the weakest link in my studio chain these days. I'm having a hard time with many newer native plugins, not just H-Reverb. It does appear to use more CPU than some other reverbs I use such as the Valhalla and Acon Digital ones (and of course the non native UAD ones I use the most)

Waves Gold Bundle on sale---$200 . . . and, speaking of AudioDeluxe, some great UVI packages for $29 (their virtual synth packages have completely killed any desire in me to own the actual instrument).

Paj
8^)

I took the final plunge to Mercury - the upgrade price wasn't too bad after a couple of years of bottom feeding on their weekly sales. At least now I can unsubscribe from their mailing list.

The Mercury bundle has a lot of nice plugs. :cool:

To tell the truth...I've thought about getting one of their bundles, but they all they seem to have 1/2 the plugs I want and 1/2 the plugs I don't want...so I've preferred to hand-pick my plugs. I've gotten all my individual Waves plugs on sale, so the sum total is still cheaper than any bundle.
It's not just Waves...I do the same from other companies...just buy one-offs that I really want.

I guess if the bundle covers what you want/need...it's the way to go. I think the strong point of the bundles (at least from Waves, AFIK) is that if/when they add some new plugs to an existing bundle...you get them for free. :thumbs up:

Most of the same plugins still on sale but with a CM30 coupon code for $30 off. I got the doubler plugin for $19.

Back