Vox MV50 AC 50 versus VST PLUGINS

lagwagon06

Hi Guys,

I have been recording my guitar with plugins for a while now, I got used to it, but of course this is clearly not the best. I record in my room, and cannot put an amp there.

I just saw this video Vox MV50 Tube Amplifier Heads Review - inSync and realized this guy is using this mini amp directly in the sound car.

I am wondering if you that I will get better guitar sound with this than when using plugins ?

Or maybe there are other kinds of these mini amp out there on the market that are about this range of price and better?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

I can't imagine it working better than Amplitube or Guitar Rig. What guitar / amp sim VST are you using?

I can't imagine it working better than Amplitube or Guitar Rig. What guitar / amp sim VST are you using?

I am using Amplitube 4 and Guitar Rig 5. They are pretty good at getting me an overdrived sound, but for clean/crunchy soun, I don t think it works that well

I am using Amplitube 4 and Guitar Rig 5. They are pretty good at getting me an overdrived sound, but for clean/crunchy soun, I don t think it works that well

I use Amplitube 4 as well. Are you sure it's not something in your chain or path the guitar takes into the computer? Is it possible your gain is too high/low on your audio interface?

I find Amplitube does a great job with clean, it takes work to get the sound you want beyond that though. What presets have you tried? I like using a lot of the legacy presets and adjust from there, the newer presets (mostly Brit collection amps) are too much of a clean slate/start for my needs. I've always been able to find something close in the legacy presets and dial it in from there.

Also don't forget they accurately capture the effects used, so if the device they're modeling has some 'hiss' the plugin will exhibit this hiss as well. I've noticed this using a few of the included pedals.

Probably the take-away lesson with the sweetwater vid is good pickups.

Those of us wanting to compare the "sound" off a record, we have to remember that it is heavily processed - sim or amp (unless you are David Gilmore going direct into the console)

When your cut goes big time, you'll need that sound on stage

.."I like using a lot of the legacy presets and adjust from there"...

I'm not in SHRED, Vandal, or Revalver too much, but even with hardware I have to start with clean. I think its good to have some kinda' core/foundation to build around

.."I like using a lot of the legacy presets and adjust from there"...

I'm not in SHRED, Vandal, or Revalver too much, but even with hardware I have to start with clean. I think its good to have some kinda' core/foundation to build around

It may be that I've been playing guitar for a long time and already have an idea of what I'm looking for before I even launch Amplitube. Everyone has their own process though for getting their tone, I don't mind shortcuts if it gets me where I want to go in less time.

Back