Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 news

What's killing me is that because I have a lot of EZX & SDX packs...after installing SD3, not only did I have to download its Sound and MIDI library...but I had to go and download updates for all my existing packs....and of course they are all HUGE and zipped, so then extracting each one, and then finally installing and updating each one...fuck! :facepalm:

What's killing me is that because I have a lot of EZX & SDX packs...after installing SD3, not only did I have to download its Sound and MIDI library...but I had to go and download updates for all my existing packs....and of course they are all HUGE and zipped, so then extracting each one, and then finally installing and updating each one...fuck! :facepalm:

Does SD3 not have a download manager app? Toontrack's manager isn't exactly a slick piece of user interface programming, but it does save a lot of those headaches of individually downloading, decompressing, and installing each update.

I'm sure that I'll end up with SD3 at some point. I'll get rid of SD2, and install every single sample on the install discs. It's 2017, after all. Storage is cheap.

Yeah...there is a Product Manager...but that doesn't make it easier. I still have to download all those updates, and the additional SD3 sound libraries...there's Gigs and Gigs of stuff....and then it all has to be installed.
Personally, I try to avoid the Product Manager because it makes assumptions that the computer it's installed on is the one you are planning to also install all your sample packs and program...which isn't the case for me.
I run my DAW off line...so I prefer going to older "Web" route and just downloading the stuff I need.

I mean...it's really all tied to the new SD3 version, if you want all your older packs to run, you have to update everything, not just installing the new SD3 program.
So it's like your starting almost from the beginning. It is what it is...just takes time, and the more sample packs you already have, the longer to get them all of them caught up to SD3.
I spent most of the day downloading all the updates to all my packs and the Part 1 SD3 library....will get to the other Amb/Bleed parts another day. I don't really use that stuff, but might as well download it.
I preferred the boxed versions when they use to offer them...but no more.

At least the MIDI packs don't need to be upgraded too.

Man, I miss Google Fiber. Downloading gigs and gigs of stuff like this was no sweat. "ah, it'll just take a few minutes". Now I'm back in the real world with crappy Comcast and its chokehold on bandwidth, data caps, all that BS. Not looking forward to my first big download, which'll probably be SD3. Fortunately I don't have a bunch of SDX and EZX packs to update, but I do have several. I'll have to devote a weekend to it when the time comes.

I have a very fast internet connection, and the CDN that Toontrack used served me at full speed (about 1 GB/minute). So, the largest of the downloads (54.5 GB) took about an hour to download, but over 90 frigging minutes to install.

Anybody pick up the upgrade on the SSD drive? Were the install times for each pack as slow?

I saw others saying the installs were talking a long time...but I didn't notice that at all.
I'm not sure if you run the install from the Program Manager if that slows things down...?
I download the compressed folder...unzip...and then execute the installer file at the computer...I don't use the Program Manager to anything other than download. I only used on for a couple of downloads this time...usually I use the "Web" download option.

Back