Thoughts on Waves Renaisance Maxx bundle.

Just purchased this plugin bundle just before they went off sale for $110. The physical disc copy, brand new. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Being the physical copy I figured I could sell it and recoupe my money if not make a couple of dollars if I decide not to install it. The regular selling price for download license is $350. I have already figured out that plugins are a money trap, but this is my first plugin purchase. I am new to computer based recording. Have been using all in one MTR's for years.
Thanks for any input.

Just purchased this plugin bundle just before they went off sale for $110. The physical disc copy, brand new. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Being the physical copy I figured I could sell it and recoupe my money if not make a couple of dollars if I decide not to install it. The regular selling price for download license is $350. I have already figured out that plugins are a money trap, but this is my first plugin purchase. I am new to computer based recording. Have been using all in one MTR's for years.
Thanks for any input.

Guess I didn't ask a question. Does anyone have any experience with the Waves Renaisance Maxx bundle? is it tricky to install and use? I am currently evaluating Reaper. Thanks.

I use Renaissance Bass....excellent plug.
Can't say about the others as I only purchased the one and not the bundle.

The Wave stuff installs easy enough.
You also need the Waves License Center application on your computer.
Well...you first need to set up a Waves account...then register the bundle...then you download and install the Waves License Cneter...then you use that to transfer the license from Waves to your computer.

I use the req, rverb, tune and IRL plugs regularly and really like them all.
The install is pretty straight forward - Just like any other.
As Miro says, you have to use WLC to assign your license to your computer, or to a USB stick.

I'm not sure how straight forward it is to sell Waves plugs these days.
When they used the ilok system you had to pay Waves a transfer fee in order to move the license to someone else's account.

Waves stuff is great and worth every penny. They also just combined Native and Sound Grid licenses, or rather, did away with the difference in favor of a unified license that provides you with either - SG if you are running capable hardware, or Native if not.

Licensing is simple. Create a Waves account. When you purchase any plugs, they are automatically put into your account. You activate them there. Then, with Waves License Center you can manage your license. You can keep it in the cloud, put it on a USB drive, or put it on a computer. They have the most flexible licensing platform I've used.

Ren bundle is great. I have everything they own now, and multiple licenses (3 studios)... I still use stuff from the Ren bundle all the time.... and RVerb is one of my Go To verbs for vocals. I love it.

You can't go wrong. I say go for it!

Back