Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Some Kontakt bargains

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by inkline View Post
    It is my firm, hopefully not unrealistic belief, that Kontakt will go on sale next month or the month after that. At least before summer is over. Probably as part of Komplete as that seems to be the focus these days.
    I was right!!!

Thanks
    $125 dollars later and I am a happy Kontakt owner.

Well almost. Taking forever to download. Servers must be overwhelmed by the sale.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inkline View Post
    $125 dollars later and I am a happy Kontakt owner.

Well almost. Taking forever to download. Servers must be overwhelmed by the sale.
    $125? Nice deal! Some others might be interested so, care to share some details on how you did it?

Paj
    8^?
    8^)

Thanks
    Haha, I have a feeling you might know already Paj.

If you want Kontakt for $125 instead of for $400 just get the Crossgrade. Don't have a library that qualifies for the Crossgrade?

Yes you DO. The DrumMic'a library qualifies for it. It's free. Sennheiser released it for free. It's all yours. Download a free library, and you can have Kontakt for $125 instead of $400.

And of course.. now if you want Komplete you can upgrade from Kontakt for $200 instead of paying full price, or even to Ultimate for $500.

You do have to navigate a little German to download DrumMic'a though, to fill out the download form. Not too hard I think..

Thanks
    The drums are pretty nice too.

Thanks
    inkline:

Nice hit! It's not often that the free libraries work with just the free Kontakt Player. I didn't see any mention of a crossgrade offer on the Sennheiser site. How did you manage to track the crossgrade offer down?

If anyone else is interested in this: Start your registration here (If you don't sprekken, it might be handy to have Google Translate opened in another tab):
    Sennheiser - DrumMic'a! - Drummica Download - Drum mic, Percussion mic, Schlagzeug Mikrofon

Everything is under the same URL as above, so you will have to use the DrumMic'a dropdown in the frame banner menu for the info/homepage (where you will be introduced to "Sound-Schnipsel", the delightful German term for audio sample) . . .

. . . for the download/specs page . . . and for the FAQ page.

Again, Inkline---thanks.

In tracking down the DrumMic'a offer, I re-acquainted myself with the Bedroom Producer Blog and reminded myself that there is another place that will keep you up-to-date with a lot of bargain and free offers:
    Bedroom Producers Blog - Freeware For Musicians!

It looks like Audiofier is getting ready to release a second installment in the Vesper series, based on "strung" sound sources:
    Audiofier.com - ABSTRUNG

VSTbuzz's latest deal is 60% off “Cornucopia: Strings 2” by Strezov Sampling (~$75). I need more strings like I need another hole in my body but I'll get these because I'm willing to bet that, with Strezov and strings, it will yield some ensemble combination that will have magic.
    60% off "Cornucopia: Strings 2" by Strezov Sampling

Also, KontaktHub is having a good sale on (1) ComposersTools' ABC Bundle, which includes the consistently-interfaced ThingThong, VOCE, and Undervibe, and (2) SzcZ instruments/libraries, including Rekombinator, which is a wonderfully tweakable and ridiculously inexpensive granular synthesis tool which also allows you to use your own samples as sound-generating sources. I'll admit to getting lost for hours at a time (in a good way) with the instruments from both software houses.

And the big news, of course, is that NI is having their 50% upgrade, update, and crossgrade sale during June. The good news for me is that this is when I go from Ultimate10 to Ultimate11 and get 13 new libraries/instruments for $200; the bad news (besides download time) is that, if 11 hangs on as long as 10 did, it's going to be a while before the next update bundle is offered. The real news is that I could spend years working my way through all the stuff that's in Ultimate10. It's a great time to be alive.

Paj
    8^)
    8^)

Thanks
    In my budget consciousness right now I'm trying to make it my practice to only buy VSTs that fit with my other VSTs sound-wise without much work, and I can see using generally, rather than in a niche purpose. I like those Cornucopia Strings, I feel I could do some stuff with them, but their "vintage" sound is definitely a niche I'd have to work to figure out how to match my other instruments to, because none of them have that sound. Probably the easiest way rather than struggling with plugins to match it would just be buy more Strezov but for me I'd rather buy more Spitfire.

If you go deep into Native Instruments website where they list all the libraries that are crossgrade compatible for Kontakt, there is DrumMic'A with a "FREE" label right over it.

Thanks
    You're welcome Paj and thank you too for all the great deals info!!

Thanks
    Backatcha!

Paj
    8^)
    8^)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paj For This Useful Post:

Thread Information