Slate distressor plugin party

I finally got the installer working (gobbler- ugh) so I got to try it out tonight. I only tried it on vocals but I really like it. I'm comparing to the slate 1176 because that's my current favorite. Stress doesn't quite have the in your face character of the 1176 but it also lacks the things I don't like, like the stabby consonant sound on high attack/ratio. Even on 20:1 and fastest attack it's very smooth, I'll have to use it more to see if that's consistent. But it does just what you want it seems, without getting nasty. But then you can hit the dist buttons and it gets dirty fast. That's my first hour with it anyway. At first I wasn't sure it could be a plug I reach for often- the interface on the hardware is so busy I figured the plugin would be really twiddly. But the plug is easy to understand even though there are a lot of options. I actually ended up just going fastest attack, fastest release, 10:1 ratio for most of it. Simple, sounds nice!

I really like the ELI Distressor plug for some things. Not so much for others. May just need some more time messing with it. Have not tried the Slate version yet.

In a home master recently, I liked the Waves API 2500 much better than the Arouser at same basic settings. Found it odd how different they were. But that is why we have choices right?

I really like the waves 2500 too. I use it on the drum bus a lot.
The arouser looks more comprehensive than the slate version. Kind of pricey though, I imagine a lot more work went into it.

Back