quality backing tracks (blues preferred)

boss281

Over the years I've accumulated backing tracks, most are crap. Does anyone know of sites that sell high quality backing tracks in generic form (12 bar blues, 120bpm, etc) or tracks to actual licensed songs? These are pretty good for jazz (Bobby's Backing Tracks - Bobby's Backing Tracks ), anything similar for blues or rock?

Moderators, please move if in wrong place.

A bazillion MIDI tracks/songs are available with a simple Google search.

Paj
8^)

I have searched for and accumulated a few hundred backing tracks through searches, Play Along books with accompanying CD, etc. I'd say perhaps 5% are quality.

And yes it's only for practice, but I don't like hearing crap when I practice either. And eventually I'll start producing my own as I go up the learning curve.

I can see this was the wrong forum to ask this question. My apologies.

Over the years I've accumulated backing tracks, most are crap. Does anyone know of sites that sell high quality backing tracks in generic form (12 bar blues, 120bpm, etc) or tracks to actual licensed songs? These are pretty good for jazz (Bobby's Backing Tracks - Bobby's Backing Tracks ), anything similar for blues or rock?

Moderators, please move if in wrong place.
I didn't know stuff like this existed. Thanks. If I come across similar, I'll post.

Ohw man, making your own is so simple.
Find a good midi. Load it into midi software. If worse change the instruments for better ones. And your finished.
And you could even leave out the track your going to play (for instance guitar track).

Ohw man, making your own is so simple.
Find a good midi. Load it into midi software. If worse change the instruments for better ones. And your finished.
And you could even leave out the track your going to play (for instance guitar track).

The hard part is the drum track. Even after all these years of performing, I know NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, about how the kit is used. Like art, I know a good drummer when I hear one and just let them do their thing, not break down every move/sound generated during the performance.

My son, a working musician, plays drums, keys, bass, guitar and sings. I started his formal music training at 8, which started with drums and he took it from there. His advice to his old pop was similar to yours, make my own tracks. Start with the kick to drive the beat, add the snare, other drums (I don't even know their names), cymbals, fills. That's a LOT of time to invest when there is a possibility that quality already exists out there. To each his own. I'm not sure where I'll go but I've downloaded EZ Drummer 2 to see if I can at least get by using their blues 12 bars and figure out fills, intros and outros as I go.

Again, my goal is to develop a catalog to showcase guitar and vocal skills and the types of music I enjoy playing, not to write my own music. I've never had an interest in that...

I use MIDI tracks for live playing ..... there's tons of them out there but you're simply gonna have to listen and pick the good ones.

here's one with fairly decent MIDIs but ALL sites have some crap and some good stuff .... you'll just have to sit for a few days (weeks?) and go thru one at a time and pick the better ones out.

Gary's MIDI Paradise - MIDI Files A - H

Ya, I'm still on MIDI a bit. Not quite 2000 files. I can usually just have all that in my head, though.

I'm not really finding the time to explore wikiloops, but I have found some good tracks.

I'm not EVER going to play the drum game unless it is electronic. I bought a snare and at least I can do stuff on it

Why not use drums software?
9 recommended drum software packages | MusicRadar
And many of those have a community which offer complete tracks.

An example of a community offered metal track. This is only a few pieces of a big 'templated' file and is the core unedited sound.
Don't mind the background tone, that's copy protection (normally not in it). And i've made some bad quick cuts you can hear.

Last edited:
I'm starting there first, and I just purchased EZDrummer 2, and the blues pack. I need to go through the videos and see what the workflow looks like, and then see if I can create something actually useful.

Back