Positive Grid Bias Amp and Bias FX: Are they VST?

bemo

And if so, will they work with Audition 1.5 (don't laugh, I'm a broke ass musician). Their website doesn't list Audition as supportive of the bias series of products, but I've seen elsewhere people saying that they use the two together. If not Audition, what about Audacity?

1.5 does a good enough job for the demoing I've been doing, but I feel the native effects and processing are somewhat limited and, of course at this point, outdated. I also have SAW32 Pro but that is even older. I've been using it for about 12 or 13 years now I think, and have become comfortable and familiar with the interface so I feel no immediate need to switch. But I may switch if it means compatibility with the Positive Grid line of products.

Any thoughts?

They do come as VST. I don't know if they'll work with Audition, but they definitely will not work with Audacity. Audacity doesn't support VST at all, unless you want to find the VST-enabled version of the source code and compile it yourself (a major pain in the butt).

I remember SAW Studio from Glenn Fricker's early videos. He switched to Reaper a couple of years ago for that same reason: he needed the VST support. He seemed to be able to easily make the switch from SAW to Reaper, so that's a good sign if you want to give it a try.

Well I know Audition supports VST as it has an option for mapping VST directories when in single track mode in the edit menu. I guess I was more wondering if VST compatibility standards have evolved in the last 15 years. Like is there a VST 2.0 like USB 2.0 or HTML5, that kind of thing. I would guess if not, then VST is VST. No?

Back