New to plugins, been having a blast

bluesfordan

I took advantage of some holiday/end of summer type of sales events to acquire a few titles at prices that agree with my skinflint yankee ways aka the prices they should have sold for in the first place :D

Garage Band on a late 2012 mac Mini i5 with 16 G RAM and well, a slew of empty HD space. I've just recently figured out how to import my old recordings currently residing on iTunes and I have been re-mixing them like a kid with a new box of crayons and multiple pads of paper. These recordings are largely unprocessed in any way save maybe some panning but for the most part they are stereo tracks some with rhythm and leads left and right and a couple with more than two guitars. Learned how to split the stereo tracks into separate mono and reimport them for processing individually (or not). Checking out the presets, tweaking them. Finding out what does what. There's a ton to learn here.

Once I get done with mutilating and mangling my back catalog, I am looking forward to tracking new stuff. I've been more energized than I have been in years. More fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

If you are so inclined, Voxengo has a lot of free plugins. Even if you don't find a use for them, it's nice to be able to see what a certain type of plugin can do. And you may end up keeping it in your arsenal.

Ever download something that was free and then tried to get rid of it. And it stuck worse than tar pitch and . would . not . go . away .:cursing:

Back