Independence Free problems

foxwaves

Hello,

I recently downloaded Independence Free from Magix. I think I have all the necessary .dll file in my VST folder, and Reaper brings up the program without a problem. I hear a piano sound, but nothing else as I can't seem to get the instrument library installed.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled...searched for every Independence .dll file on my hard drive and made sure they are all in my VST folder, but still nothing. I can even see the instrument list in one of the .dll files. In Reaper, I've rescanned, cleared cache and rescanned...nothing. I go to the Independence free Preferences/Libraries and try to load a file but usually get an error message.

I have looked a lot on the Web and have watched youtube videos, but so far have found no solution. I have found out that apparently Independence Free is tough to get set up for a lot of other folks, being a bit counter-intuitive.

I try to to post questions until I've searched and tried for myself to the point of severe frustration. I'm there now, haha.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong about getting the instrument library into Independence free? Thank you.

Back