Ilok

sparky123

recently purchased antares evo choir vst for mac. have to use ilok manager to be able to use the software. been tryi to for 3 days now. do i have to purchase an ilok key or am i missing something. bought the eventide harmonizer a few weeks earlier and had to use the same process. no problems. when i open up the ilok manager ,i can see the antares vst sitting there with a padlock icon locked next to it . what the f

So I assume you do have the ilok dongle? I believe you need the registration key for the new software to activate it.

It has been a while since I have purchased new software that requires ilok so sorry I am not much help.

Hey,
What exactly does it say/show in ilok manager?
Maybe do a screen shot of the whole line for that license? (shift-cmd-4 - draw a box.)

Does it show you valid locations and, if so, is computer one of them? Not all licenses can be stored on computer or removable storage. Some still require an ilok.

---------- Update ----------

Hey Jimmy. :)

No i don't have the ilok dongle . Do i have to purchase it? As i stated earlier i was able to use the ilok manager for the eventide harmonizer without the dongle.is just for antares vst that the dongle is required?sort of think this ilok is a piece of crap. Every other vst i have purchased was pretty simple download and straight into my daw. Thank you for replies.

sort of think this ilok is a piece of crap.

I was prompted to use the ilok manager app for something I wanted to try out a couple of weeks ago...the thing didn't work. The app kept freezing at this particular point...something about analyzing or obtaining data. It sat there for 30 minutes without any progress each time I tried it. Googled that issue and I was far from the only one who encountered that problem. Wrote them a "nice" email about it :)

What a disaster.

Do i have to purchase it? As i stated earlier i was able to use the ilok manager for the eventide harmonizer without the dongle.

That doesn't matter if your new license is Ilok only.

I don't know antares stuff but answers to the questions from #3 will tell us for sure.

ilok is required for all Anteres products. You will need to purchase the dongle. :(

As seen from a site that sells the Anteres products HERE

They also sell the dongle HERE

Sucks that the dongle to use the software is almost as much $$ as the software. But you only buy the ilok once... Hope that makes it better. It works for me, though I have 11 purchased VST's that require ilok. Makes more sense when you need it for multiples.

Last edited:
So far I have avoided the dongle, though there's this one instrument I really want that requires it.

Looks like they got you though!!

Thanks all for the replies. Yep looks like to to use the antares software ($29) i have to purchase the dongle($45).wish i had known this before i bought.

It worth it eventually IMO. I have quite a few free VST's from Soundtoys that you couldn't get without the ilok dongle. Plus all the others stuff that requires it. :)

^^^^^

I was going to say, a lot of people hate iLok and I can see why, but there is that 'in for a penny' mentality.
Once you give in an get an ilok for something, plugin shopping is a lot easier.

^^^^^

I was going to say, a lot of people hate iLok and I can see why, but there is that 'in for a penny' mentality.
Once you give in an get an ilok for something, plugin shopping is a lot easier.

True dat! Plus, if you have to rebuild a PC or just wish to use the FX on a different PC, you just download the ilok manager and stick the dongle in. No having to contact the software company for a new auth code. It just keeps them. Though, you would need to download the software to new computer but that is easy.

I have 11 licenses on my ilok. Imagine the time that saved me when I built a new studio computer... All good for me. :)

Also the same with Waves. Though they don't use ilok, you can save your licenses to a flash drive and migrate between computers.

Funny, I have some software I forgot I had after reading this thread. Shit I forgot to play with! :D

Eventide UltraChannel was one such purchase I totally forgot about. Could come in handy somewhere. :)

Last edited:
As long as you're buying a dongle, you can then download & use the free Slate Digital plugins...The Monster and Revival. It might ease the pain a bit.

Back